not-a-gt40-owner needs a bit of help

ok, so i don't own a gt40, or gt40 replica.. so what am I doing here, you ask. well I'm a big fan of the car and am trying to get in the world of 3d animation and modeling, so I decided to start modeling a gt40 (result hopefully below), but here's the problem, i want to try and creat the chassis and engine, but I don't have any good reference pics of the chassis (orthographic views of it), so I was hopeing someone here might help me out.. any kind of pic would be helpfull

rob

Attachments

• 40117-15.jpg
    40117-15.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 293
Hi Rob,
Are you taking artistic liberties with the shape ? I couldn't help but notice the rear clip of a MK II and the nose of a MK I. Also the nose is very blunt on your model but the real one is more rounded. The side scoopes are also a bit to large. A MK II nose has no NACA duct in the center cowel section. What are you useing for a reference?
The work you are doing is incredible. I love to shape things myself. I do carve and play with clay on occasion. Keep up the good work and update us on your progress. I hope you were able to find the chassis photos you needed.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looks like those are reflections of windows on the body when the picture was taken. How did you do that with the computor? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

thanks guys for your replies, and help so far. I still have no job, so I'll post updates every week or so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mike C: thanks for those links, those 'll be very helpful.

hersh: yeah, a bit, and also just not finding this site before I already made the overal shape. I didn't even know about the mkI-IV cars, I just knew about the gt40 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif so when I began I had some pics of a rear of a mkII and from the front of a MKI, and I bought a model, but that's from the gt40 prototype (the 2003 model) wich has a realy sharp nose.. so this model became all the gt40's in one.

joseph: ghehe, I used a render plugin called vray, and lighted it using a HDRI map, and the reflections are also from that same map

Back