Thoughts or comments

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Thought I'd try out the paint scheme I've been leaning toward. Anyone seen it on a real car before? It's supposed to be a red Gulf stripe but might not be too clear.

And the paint on the nose was put on too thick so it got wrinkly. I know it's not the best work but I was looking for proof of concept...

Attachments

• IMG_2077.jpg
    IMG_2077.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_2081.jpg
    IMG_2081.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_2082.jpg
    IMG_2082.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 412
Yes! Essex Wire colors. Chris Martino painted his that color scheme but w/o the mustache. I would opt for white pearl with a bright red stripe, outlined with a thin black stripe. YES!!!!!

Chris,

Check out Dennis Jones GTD in the For Sale section. His car is painted in the Essex Wire Team Colors, and he has posted some nice pictures of his car.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Gents,

I'm very familiar with the Essex scheme and for a while wanted to do that. I think those colors go well together but wanted to do somewhat my own thing. I actually saw something similar to mine on what I think was a Lola and thought that it looked good. I swapped the red nose for the Gulf mustache and arrived where I am today. I think I like it and it looks good on a matchbox so far.

Gary- Dennis bought that car before I had some things free up so I could do mine. I drooled over those pics for a long time- it looks GORGEOUS. It's too bad it's for sale again.

Pete- That was exactly what I was thinking, a black pinstripe to offset or highlight, as well as some sort of configuration of sill stripes as well- possibly solid red outlined with the black. Sounds like that'd be a good theme.

Thanks for the comments!

Chris-
Sorry if I didn't communicate what I was trying to say better. I love the idea of the Essex Wire colors (red and white with a thin black stripe) AND the mustache (wrap around the front clip). Do you plan to add meatballs?

Cheers
Bill D

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Bill- No worries. It's early for me.

I was thinking the shape deserves some sort of pearl or metallic as well. It seems to highlight the curves of the car, and when I see it without flake or pearl (especially on white) the shapes seem to get lost in the flatness of the color.

At this point, no roundels for me but I will likely be chatting with Chris regarding a vinyl set with numbers of some sort when it comes time.

Speaking of which, isn't it about time for your car to be done?

Back