Tiger Woods - Seriously Hurt in Crash

Let's see if I have this right. It's 2:45 AM and the police arrive to find Tiger unconcious on the ground with his wife hovering over him after she broke out the window of the Escalade with a golf club "to free him". It will be interesting to hear the details of how this all went down.

What is with emergency calls being made public in the U.S?
I see that the emergency 911 call re' the incident being discussed is now public.
I've seen this before, usually on U.S. talk-shows. Some of them are tragic (eg William Shatner). Surely there isn't any real "public need to know".
An emergency call is one of those things I'd expect to remain absolutely private and confidential.
Some people, particularly the more famous, must be wondering whether they should use the 911 service at all given that it's so open.

Tim.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
In the US, pretty much all states have "Public Records Act" statutes that require the disclosure of ALL public records except attorney-client privileged information, information that is a trade secret, or information that involves an ongoing criminal investigation.

Emergency calls like this are fair game in the US, for better or for worse. The news orgs have a legal right to get them.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
His caddie told him he could not use his Jigger playing away unless he packed his Cleek as well......

Last edited:
Now look what you've gone and done...made me spill my morning cuppa. You lads need to stop. I'm pissing myself with laughter. I'm not a Tiger fan but I do respect his desire to keep the matter private. I think we all know what happened and Lord knows we've all had a tiff or two with our better halves but I guess this is the price THEY pay for being way up there in the public eye. This reminds me of the incident with Max Mosely. Poor bugger all he was trying to do was get whipped by some leather clad beauty and the next thing you know the whole world knew about it. They can keep that superstar crap....I like being a nobody.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Speaking of privacy, it has been reported here that Tiger has "declined" several times to be interviewed by the police re the accident.
In this country if the cops want to talk to you they talk to you. Are there different rules in the U.S. or is he getting special treatment?

Because Tiger was the only one injured, some damage to private property (neighbors tree), all he need provide is drivers license and insurance information. Both he and his alledged New York lover have "lawyered-up".

Latest is the cops are trying to get a warrant to have a look at the hospital records to see if they can determine if the injuries were consistent with the accident or domestic abuse. Did wifey hit him with the golf club?

This is a case of police higher-ups and an overzealous DA wanting to make a name for themselves. If someone is a "victim" of a crime, and does NOT want to pursue the matter in a court of law, the state is overreaching its bounds. No victim, no crime. No matter what anyone else says, the state does not have the right to force it's will on it's citizens, whether they are a poor nobody or a rich somebody.

Because Tiger was the only one injured, some damage to private property (neighbors tree), all he need provide is drivers license and insurance information. Both he and his alledged New York lover have "lawyered-up".

Latest is the cops are trying to get a warrant to have a look at the hospital records to see if they can determine if the injuries were consistent with the accident or domestic abuse. Did wifey hit him with the golf club?

Back