Just in case you need reminding:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
iCasualties | Operation Enduring Freedom | Afghanistan

Were any of the deaths of these young men avoidable?
I think so.
Were they as a result of actions by Catholics, protestants, Salvation Army, Methodists or any other so called religion except one?
I think not.
Were they the result of the Muslims in the Taliban Mujahidin and the very weak polticians we have here in the west?

Well done. You are beginning to open your eyes and see at last.

Last edited:

Keith

For many years we have been brought up to believe that it was the Orientals who were most concerned about "saving face"

I wonder when this also became a Western tradition ?

It didn't happen before WWI as far as I am aware.

The Russians did the right thing. One morning, they just got up, said "fuck this" and simply took the highway out of there.

"Saving Face Costs Lives"

in

Operation Enduring Slaughter

In other words, safe for nut-jobs and un-safe for democracy.

"Come in, make yourself at home. Eat my food, steal my money, sleep in my bed and if you get ill, let my doctor take care of you". "No not all, think nothing of it. It's the least I can do". "No really and while your at it, why don't you screw my wife too?"

"Oh don't let me forget, here's the shirt of my back".

kshedbv/kjsdbvovoevCIUVDUIVCWLIE]VCJHVCVVVCIUGEWBKJVEBKJ!!! fUC8JHWEVCJHEVCKHKJBAEFUB/VUOFEWK.BJ BKUABCFJOAEWBFLBLFSACOGBPUA QBGKIUGQGBLC MNCSAOJGVBGVEOUGEqfv/gouewb/jlvds kjbdsvbljvdsougvewogufewl/jbvds knvdjbvoublgvoewlbjsvdou/gvewljbefQO/UVVLJBVEWO/UEWVBLJVELJB/FEWJB

!!!

Our brave boys and girls have not been sacrificed. They have been unceremoniously thrown to the wolves that are riden bare-back by scum-bag polititions.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Yep, after coming here, I rarely need reminding that some of the folks on "our side" are just as bigoted as against Muslims as they claim Muslims are against them.

Keith

So, expressing concern that our citizens are being needlessly slaughtered for a nation that cares not is bigoted?

Seriously?

Save for the 'glazing' of the poppy fields etc a proposal I have absolutely no time for, I see no bigoted philosophy here. Perhaps you need to check on your home grown white supremacists who seem to infest your own backyard for real examples of bigotry mate.

Smug git.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
iCasualties | Operation Enduring Freedom | Afghanistan

Were they as a result of actions by Catholics, protestants, Salvation Army, Methodists or any other so called religion except one?
I think not.
Were they the result of the Muslims in the Taliban Mujahidin and the very weak polticians we have here in the west?

Well done. You are beginning to open your eyes and see at last.

I think you need to pay closer attention to your buddy's post there my friend.

And I totally agree, we have racist idiots around these parts as well.

Keith

Jeffrey, my "buddy" is entitled to his views. I may not share them but he is still a good friend. He was referring to the Muslims in the Taliban Mujahidin and our own weak polticians if you read it carefully.

Apart from the fact that these 2 species seem much more numerous than their actual head count would suggest, his 'bigotry' seems equally divided between East & West and confined to a narrow band of equally annoying individuals.

Please don't fit people up to your own narrow minded and generalistic world view.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Let him say that then. David, you agree most of the world's Muslims are normal folk living normal lives right?

I've certainly been guilty of "narrow minded" world views -- reading and travel and education tended to ameliorate that. You guys are getting on in years though, running out of time to do the same!

Keith

He won't 'see' you. You are on ignore mate.

As for travelling... that's funny.

I am not seeking to defend him in anyway as he is more than capable of doing that for himself, but I do not think you could name a street in any city in the world that hasn't felt the weight of his size 10's! (or thereabouts)

Your assertions are getting a bit wild, and 'ageism' such as you have used in your response (in fact it rears it's head in MOST of your responses, i.e. "old white guys" etc ad infinitum ad nauseum) is not permitted here in the UK.

Are you affeared of getting old Jeff?

Bigotry begets bigotry I guess? The pot and the kettle are in essence, very similar after-all.

A person may well have Travelled, Read and been Educated, but those facts don't give anyone the right to then suppose that they are by definition, well read, well educated or well travelled.

Where does the bogtry end?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
He won't 'see' you. You are on ignore mate.

As for travelling... that's funny.

I am not seeking to defend him in anyway as he is more than capable of doing that for himself, but I do not think you could name a street in any city in the world that hasn't felt the weight of his size 10's! (or thereabouts)

Your assertions are getting a bit wild, and 'ageism' such as you have used in your response (in fact it rears it's head in MOST of your responses, i.e. "old white guys" etc ad infinitum ad nauseum) is not permitted here in the UK.

Are you affeared of getting old Jeff?

I was fine with getting old until I stumbled across this place, which made me wonder if all older white guys who like cars turn into caricatures of Archie Bunker (google it, American idiom).

Plus, I thought you Brits aged more gracefully than us without all the screaming and yelling about dirty immigrants and unholy Muslims. I was looking forward to putting on a fake slightly foppish Cockney accent and getting "more distinguished" rather than older. I guess that plan is dead in the water....

Keith

You obviously do not know anything about the British. Amongst other less obvious traits we were always naturally xenophobic which was not made any easier by the unplanned arrival of millions of 'citizens of the British Commonwealth' and other former dependent states.

(Old saying: "Wogs (sic) start at Calais")

All in all, and given the history, plus a few hiccups, minor by US standards, I do not think we have done too badly at all.

As for where you personally live, how many different ethnic cultures are in your neighbourhood presumably in or near Raleigh NC?

PS We are also perhaps, the most gratuitously violent people on earth too, although that is now changing as well.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I do know a fair amount -- book learning only though -- about the British. Fine people, world leaders in lots of things, and of course our brothers in democracy, capitalism, cars, and beating the Germans. But I still have plenty to learn, no doubt.

Yeah, I saw you island types still have like 94% of the population white. Easy to xenophobe out when the numbers are like that.

Here in Raleigh-Durham? We are about 60% white caucasian, 15% African American, 10% Hispanic, ranging from Mexico to South America, 10% Asian (mostly Korean, Taiwan, and Chinese, with some Vietnames and some odd balls thrown in like Hmong), and the reast East Asian.

Probably the biggest difference is we have large Hispanic populations in place of your East Asianers.

Keith

Yes, but 'our' Asians are highly motivated and successful businessmen, honed into Administrators par excellence by the Stormtroopers of the British Empire.

Back