Barking Mad? Not 'Arf!

It's this part of that 'report', that I feel needs checking:

"Male university students in North Korea are now required to get the same haircut as their leader Kim Jong-un, it is reported."

It is reported? Is it? By whom?

What about ,"according to one source"? Really? What source?

Again guys, this is the farking BBC for crying out loud!

Keith

"The state-sanctioned guideline was introduced in the capital Pyongyang about two weeks ago, Radio Free Asia reports. It is now being rolled out across the country - although some people have expressed reservations about getting the look."

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
On this one, I have to agree with Mark.

This sounds like either a botched translation or just bullshit propaganda.......

I'm willing to bet that this is not true.

Keith

According to a later report from unnamed sources the original report was wrong due to a faulty telephone line - it wasn't hair, it was throat.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...and we're supposed to give a doo-wah about hair cut dictates in N. Korea (real or imagined/fabricated)...............BECAUSE????!!!

Good krymuny, y'all...get a dadgum GRIP, for Pete's sake!!! North Korea's population is completely gutless and totally submissive, and 'run by a psycho whack job!

SHEEEEEEEEEEEZE!!!

Last edited:

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Terry,
He will still stand out from the crowd....
after decades of near starvation of most of the people
he's the only fat bloke there.

Sorry, but the bbc says that according to reports blah blah, made through another source who heard it from some guy down the pub apparently?

I still cannot see any evidence of who actually made the statements and where they heard it from originally.

A mate told me once that another mate once said that according to something he heard on the radio somewhere..........

That is not reporting. Not as it should be.

The first lesson to all reporters should be, verify your source.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Mark, how naive of you, the first rule today is increase circulation/ratings or lose your job.
If you don't have a good story make one up.

Back