Northstar&transmission

Hi, my name is John. I've just registered here, so Im new. Very good forum, lots of info, however I have a few questions. I've picked up a 4.6L Northstar DOHC V8 engine, and now Im looking for right transmission. My setup will be mid-engined RWD with 6 speed manual transmission, So can some one please point me in right direction and what's available??

Will I be able to find transmission that is not over priced?

Thanx, John

There are very few options for six speed transaxles.
The only one that comes to mind that will not break the bank would be a Porsche,with the Northstar not being very torquey and revving fairly high you may be able to use a Boxster trans but the starter mounting will be a problem.
Firstly I would check with Hobart Kennedy from Kennedy Engineered Products as he is the guy to make your adapter plate and he will have more information than you can digest about what to do and what not to do....

Thanx for such fast reply. I've looked at kennedy engineering website and they mention about starter remounting. However I'll e-mail him with some detailed questions. What would be a price for used transmission out of boxter?

Thanks, John

Back