A couplle of questions from a confused new member

Hello i am very new to this and would like a couple of questions answered if possible.
Mondeo v6 in a GT40 kit car, would this be possible. How under powwered would it be with a 200 BHp model?

If not that engine would a 2.9i v6 scorpio engine work in the car? I am not tosure about the bhp on these engines.

thanks for any replies o this topic in advance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As ever, all things are possible. This is not a usual conversion, so extras like the conversion to the gearbox, exhaust manifold, etc are likely to be more difficult/ more expensive.
Wouldn't be too badly underpowered, but would sound very wrong, and would limit scope for improvement later.
Resale value would be very badly hit. Even V8 Rover or Chevrolet engined cars are hit by this.
Most component packages are designed around the 302 or 351W Ford.
Have a search through the forum (use the search facility), to find more about the common engine/ transmission conversions available. I don't think it's a logical idea, but it is certainly possible.

Fish,

I agree with Lee, it probably wouldn't work on a financial basis, unless you have some of the bits already. Now that there are UK suppliers for American V8's the prices have come down a bit.

Stick with a V8 for a 40, Or if you're after that V6 scream, how about a Stratos instead?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back