How would this make any sense whatsoever???

Is that a stock STi engine? Normally it puts out 300HP. On something like that weighing 1,200 pounds? That sounds a bit scary.

I've seen lots of time and effort wasted on many things but this one take the prize. This thing is as usless as they come. What a waste of a great drive train. How can they even compare John Britton's beatiful creations to that.
What ever trips your trigger I guess. I'm sorry but it just isn't my cup of tea. All of you guys that like this thing, please help me understand why. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keith

I'm with you on this one Hersh. Applying the old engineering adage that if it looks right then it probably is right, then this hideous looking machine has nothing whatever to bring to the party. Ugh... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Yep, comparing Britten's cycle and work to that is just not cool. I saw his bike and and met him at the Superbike races at Charolette, very nice fellow and there is a great book about his work "Britten Motorcycles: The John Britten Story"

As far as liking this thing, well, it is useless but I suppose I "like it" from the standpoint that at least someone is out doing something instead of sitting on their ass watching Orange County Chopper or some other such useless show. Man is that show bad.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
I guess I fall in Ron's camp of not understanding its purpose but having to admit the power to weight ratio and assumed abilities would be impressive.

It has a very high cool factor, but might be overshadowed by its "useless" factor. Could make for one hell of a donut machine though...

Chris

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Well it's made by the KIWI's. What more need one say? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keith

You mean you get that show there too? I thought it was the Yanks revenge on us for exporting Anne Robinson!!!

Brian Stewart
Supporter
We have an annual event here called the "Race to the Sky". It's kind of like Pike's Peak but the 13km road up the mountain is much narrower and rougher. Rod Millen is a regualr competitor in his Toyota Tacoma super truck and usually gets his butt kicked by Nobuhiro (Monster) Tajima in a 700-800 hp Suzuki Vitara. There are several classes - one being for quad bikes. The divers of the quads are absolute lunatics and keep the open class punters honest. Maybe this thing was inspired by, or built to compete in, this event? It might be fuglee, but I bet it's fun...

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Well it's made by the KIWI's. What more need one say?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not a lot except maybe Bruce McLaren, Graeme McRae, John Britten /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Not that I'd put this thing in that class.

[ QUOTE ]
All of you guys that like this thing, please help me understand why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hersh, it's not my cup of tea either but try this for a rationalisation......NZ is still a rural based economy and for the benefit of those from the other side of the world ATV's or quad bikes have to a large extent replaced horses for a lot of farm usage. It was probably inevitable then that someone was going to hotrod one. In the same way that people build T buckets or put 350's into motorbikes. All three equally useless from a driving point of view and I wouldn't want any of them. But I can appreciate the engineering skills involved.

However with regard to this particular machine it occurs to me that there is plenty of room at the bback to put another Subaru motor and trans a la Twini Mini (twin engined Mini Moke) Now THAT would be a weapon..../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian's right about "The Race To The Sky", a magic event. Anyone looking for more details try this http://www.racetothesky.com/default.asp?pt=about

For good shots of the cars, quads etc. go to the gallery.

Regards.

Back