Chassis Manufacture

Just read my local newspaper, to see an advertising feature on a nearby engineering company, showing a spaceframe chassis being made for a set of red MkI bodywork!
Not a normal thing to see in Cumbria! - Anybody know any more?
Cheers,
Geoff.

What was the name of the company ??
Chances are it was a repair being carried out on an original chassis. I know there is one up that way being repaired.

Incredible - An original chassis? This is a GT40 desert up here!
The company is called Abacus Engineering in Workington. The illustration (Very small) shows the front and rear body sections in red, and what looks like a perimeter frame being fabricated in probably 4" square section. Perhaps the start of a jig? It does call it a new chassis.
Having said that it is a GT40 desert up here, I was astonished to find that a Nigel Hepburn of NEH Engineering in Carlisle had a part-built kit for sale and sold it to someone from the south last year. I only heard this in conversation the other day. Right under my nose!!
Can't wait for my annual fix at Stoneleigh on Sunday!
Cheers,
Geoff.

Hi Geoff, and sorry mate, no chassis manufacturer here, just my scratch build in the corner of my mate's workshop. It seems to make the workshop a little more interesting - a piece of scrap metal was placed onto my latest project and the rest is history as they say. It just goes to show you can't believe what you read or see now a days!
The two clips you mentioned were purchased some time back, both being damaged - found them cheap on ebay, however, they are great for motivation & trial fitting. I hope this sheds some light on it, but it looks as if it's back to the dersert for you and me! Drew

Hi Drew,
As you say, you can't believe all you read - Just for a moment though......
You are further on than me - I have two chassis-plate blanks and a steering wheel centre - Waiting for a lottery win!
Geoff (In the desert)

Back