Have you seen the MKIII Replica for sale?

It may COST that much to duplicate...but WORTH is a subjective term. It is only worth what the NEXT owner
is willing to pay for it, regardless of replacement cost.

A classic example is watching an auction where
seemingly high quality/cost cars don't receive
bids commensurate with what the appraisal "says"
the car is worth.

MikeD

Mike, it is 'worth' what the buyer and seller agree on at that instant, the next day either may think the worthiness was/is different /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It is a beautiful car. I particularly like the vitalloni sebring mirrors.

IMO, looking at the spec, the time, skill, research etc, that must have been put into it, 52K is a bargain !

Brian Magee

Supporter
I know someone who was very interested in buying the car. The only thing that put him off was not the price, but that it has a Renault transmission, not a ZF. OK you could change it but then it does get a bit expensive.

Brian.

If someone with 52k available wants to own this MK III replica, I assume they will buy it. Again....all it takes is ONE person who is willing to pay what the seller asks.

The problem with this logic is if NOBODY ELSE will pay 52k...was the car worth 52k? I guess it's a point of view
issue...just make sure you have a stated value insurance
policy. Otherwise your insurance carrier may not have the
same point of view !

MikeD

...more i stay in this forum(becamed now my opening page /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) more i think it is too important to look everyday this and join the 2 Uk gt40 clubs...even more for people as me living outside Gt40 land.

Paul-Italy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

52000£, it is 1/4 off a real Gt40, or a safir, when your search a little.... (i haven't says that all the gt40 were at this price... but if you search, you find..)

i love the replica, but here, it's a little more money.. no?

Regards

Back