RCR...MOD 4.6

Just dropped this puppy in for a trial fit today...other than the expected header issue and a few things that the client will take care of....looks OK.....
Boy is it a big lump....

Attachments

• 79836-RCRdoorhinges009(Small).jpg
    79836-RCRdoorhinges009(Small).jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 709
i love it! now i have another picture of the beast. looks great. i'm so excited. got to stop for a minute and look again. be right back..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.giffits great.... and you had doubts. told you i should have had it by Knotts! looks great. oops, starting to ramble. now you are going to be inundated with orders!!!!!!!!!!! lucky you. and lucky me. thanks a bunch. really. wes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
does look like the headers will be a challange. will i be able to remove the valve cover with the headers attached?

[ QUOTE ]
does look like the headers will be a challange. /quote]
Now there is an understatement ....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Good but the customer changed his mind and we ended up putting a SBF in the car....the headers were later sold to an Aussie RCR customer...no pics...sorry

The cost and complexity of a ITB system and the electronics to run everything ...and then the cost of actually tuning everything to make it as driveable as an OEM FI engine....so SBF and a 4 barrel won ....

Steve

Supporter
Fran,

Based on those photos, it looks lke the terminator 4.6mod V8 (with the supercharger on top) could fit under the rear canopy. If a "cut out" was made in the firewall could the engine bay accommodate the pulleys up front? The terminator runs off an add-on pulley on the front of the damper. There are some aftermarket SC kits that would simply run off the damper and would not be as far forward. Essentially, there wouldn't be any pulleys forward of the alternator or AC pulley. Would this work?

Sorry no idea...we did two 4.6 installs and they were years ago....its not an engine we get a lot of call for obviously...check the date of the post with the pictures attached...2006...yikes.

Anything can be made to fit...it only takes time and money...or is it money and time??
Keep in mind that the GT40 rear bulkhead slopes and there is much less room moving directly upward from the crank pulley/damper than there is directly infront of the crank...

Back