mystery light

anyone out there know what this is? several of the 917's use this inside the front headlight assemlies. Porsche use several off the shelf parts for their race cars. Not all items are porsche. Some are off volkswagens or Man trucks etc. This particular light assembly is about 3 inches (80mm) long

Attachments

• PB030045.JPG
    PB030045.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 593
Turn indicators? 906 etc also have them, in that case they appear to a fairly standard part available from several outlets like Hella etc.

Yes, they are turn indicator lights, and most 917s had or have them. The regulations decreed that you had to have certain road legal requirements to comply with sports car and GT racing. Still do in many series. I run with them in my replica and all subsequent builds.

Graham.

Thanks for the feedback. I have searched Hella on the internet because that was my first choice but couldnt find this. Where might I be able to purchase a set?

Yes, they are turn indicator lights, and most 917s had or have them. The regulations decreed that you had to have certain road legal requirements to comply with sports car and GT racing. Still do in many series. I run with them in my replica and all subsequent builds.

Graham.

Sorry,

I should have added that there are many variations of indicator lamps fitted to 917s.

Graham.

I was at the rennsport reunion in november and I did see several variations. some cars had just an exposed bulb with no lense at all. but for the cars that had some sort of amber housing, this was the most common one. BTW, I just found them online from a german sidecar company.

Hella pn/2117 is the 'Ribbed' light used in the 906 I think, dont see the type shown above in the Hella catalogue.

Back