New Dampers

The original rear dampers were leaking and factory replacements are STILL on the slow boat from China...er... South Africa so we decided to upgrade. The new dampers are made by Carrera and feature independent compression and rebound adjustment and are easy to rebuild or revalve if needed.

Unfortunately, they are not a direct bolt on. According to the shop who did the install, Superformance used non-standard size springs & bolts. So the mounting points needed to be resized and the spring seats machined to accept a standard damper and spring. To clarify a bit, the spring seat was machined to accept a standard coil if we chose to change the rates. At this point we are still using the factory H&R springs specially built for SPF.

I can only provide limited feedback about performance, I have only driven the car at normal speeds on public roads. In my opinion the car rides much more like it should...that is to say somewhat stiff and with much less tendency to lean or roll in corners. The compression & rebound are set at the mid points. I believe there are 12 clicks.

Here's a couple photos with more to follow....

Picasa Web Albums - Jeff - GT-40 Dampers

Back