Ross' first and current race cars

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Found this pic of my first race car. Ford 10 side valve motor, yes I am in the photo you can have a guess which one's me. Couldn't resist a couple of my latest car the 40 in full flight.

Ross

Attachments

• ford bug (712 x 480).jpg
    ford bug (712 x 480).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 428
  • front on (707 x 480).jpg
    front on (707 x 480).jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 390
  • front three quater (706 x 480).jpg
    front three quater (706 x 480).jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 376
I'll pick the young fella on the right, #29 did not have enough antidive, #23 looks like it needs a couple of tabs on the spyder to stop the doors from lifting at high speed.:):)
What sort of tyre temps are you getting on the front now?

#29, any idea what happened to it, is it still around ?

cheers
Jac Mac

Jac

Ross does not need anti dive or straps.
Looking at his hand on hip posture I would say he has watched to many superman shows after school.

I bet he wishes he still had #26.

Jim

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Yes thats me with hands on hips, you clever chaps. Boy the girls were chasing me in those days and I was after them too. #29 doesn't seem to be around anymore, it did run at Teretonga quite a bit and was affectionately called "The Bug" It was not a front running car in fact it was usually placed last in any race. Three of us were in on the ownership at that time Graeme Walker (currently air traffic controller in Invercargill), Kevin Murdoch (pictured in the photo, currently living near Queenstown) and myself. It felt fast driving it due to the open cockpit but also due to the Russ Noble seat, a piece of aluminium.As you tried to get going it was almost impossible to stop kangaroo hopping as your bottom slid backwards and forwards caused by the inability to be smooth on the accelerator.That photo would have been taken circa 1967. Never noticed before but I seem to be stuck in the 20's with my car numbers.I'll get tyre temps off pyrometer tomorrow Jac

Ross:thumbsup:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I love going back through the photo albums that my ex-wife did not find and burn.. Very fond memories indeed (not of the ex of course)...

Ross - Not to jack the thread but - What windshield wiper arm and blade is that you are using?

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Not sure about the arm Randy but the blade is a bit of aftermarket bling- intec
titanium wing wiper
By Maruta
Tokyo Japan
Ross

Back