FRAN your starter reco !

FRAN

Parallel to doing all the body work i started to setup the engine trans combo ( BTW your exhaust system fits perfect to my engine with the VICTOR JR. HEADS, it was a 5 Min installation with now hassles, just need to check if the silencer clears the transaxle).

We discussed once the starter topic and you mentioned a starter which will fit without any modification on it and the transaxle, even with the engine in a most forward position.

Honestly i forgot what brand and make it was, you mentioned that it a little more expensive but it fits.

Could you please post your starter reco for a most forward positioned SBF 302 with a G50.

Clockable and fitting without any change to the starter or gearbox

Please post with Part no# and possible source

Thanks

TOM

Ron Earp

Admin
Tom,

Have a look at my build thread or go here:

IMI Performance Products, Inc. Hi Torque

I think I created a thread about 930 starters about a year ago. After trying a lot of stuff I got a Hi Torque starter that is spaced out for sand rails. Tell them you want the sand rail version with about a 1.5" nose spacer. Fits well, clockable, and the only one I found that would work. About $250.

This will put the engine far forward and lines the uprights and output shafts up (at least on a 930 it does). It just fits with the half shaft held up and I think the bolt heads will clear too. I have not put all this in the car but that is coming here soon as I have the clutch stuff now and racing season ends this weekend.

Ron

Attachments

• IMG_3859.JPG
    IMG_3859.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_3860.JPG
    IMG_3860.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 327
Ron

Thanks for the answer

RON by the way have you posted your clutch solution ? i´m looking for mine now

Fran thanks for confirming