Australian SL-R racer...

Here is a track spec SL-R....at the Cobra Nationals in Australia....

I fear the car may be having some ECU issues from what I have heard but once sorted it will be a serious weapon.....400hp plus

Attachments

• aus slr.jpg
    aus slr.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 850

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
So that's the monster Craig and his guys have been building eh? Looks absolutely beautiful!!! Very nice work!!

Laters,

Brian

New Pics

Attachments

• rcr_roadster_11_fs.jpg
    rcr_roadster_11_fs.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 426
  • rcr_roadster_13_tmb.jpg
    rcr_roadster_13_tmb.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 1,033
  • rcr_roadster_14_fs.jpg
    rcr_roadster_14_fs.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 425
  • rcr_roadster_15_fs.jpg
    rcr_roadster_15_fs.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 592
  • rcr_roadster_17_fs.jpg
    rcr_roadster_17_fs.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 423

Brian Hamilton

Do we have any track data on this monster yet? Looks like it's ready to suck up some air and tear up some pavement!

We spent the day at Wakefield Park Raceway just getting the basics sorted as it was the first time the vehicle had been driven.

The potential of the vehicle is obvious, can't wait to get more track time.

Enjoy the photos.

Attachments

• DSC_7753 [].jpg
    DSC_7753 [].jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 333
  • DSC_7815 (2) [].jpg
    DSC_7815 (2) [].jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 330
  • DSC_7995 [].jpg
    DSC_7995 [].jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 334
  • DSC_8034 [].jpg
    DSC_8034 [].jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 338
  • DSC_8090 [].jpg
    DSC_8090 [].jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 386
More photos.

Attachments

• DSC_8094 [].jpg
    DSC_8094 [].jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 338
  • DSC_8289 [].jpg
    DSC_8289 [].jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 319
  • DSC_8303 [].jpg
    DSC_8303 [].jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC_8312 [].jpg
    DSC_8312 [].jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 306
  • DSC_8338 [].jpg
    DSC_8338 [].jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 326

Brian Hamilton

Very nice Craig!! What are your impressions so far? Did you guys get her on the Dyno yet? Car looks friggin fabulous!!!!! You guys really did a great job on her!

Craig

That car looks great on the track! Get a video camera for that roll-bar!

Brian: OK, now you've seen photos of both the SL-R and SL-C on the track. I see you're debating between the two. Did the photos make it any easier to decide? I'll bet not.....:shy:

I am in complete envy. You guys did such a good job with that car. And I love that rear wing.

I hope you don't mind if I steal a few ideas for my car :)

Brian Hamilton

Brian: OK, now you've seen photos of both the SL-R and SL-C on the track. I see you're debating between the two. Did the photos make it any easier to decide? I'll bet not.....:shy:

It depends on the money situation. Right now I really want the SL-C as a daily driver and the SL-R as a track weapon. But have the money for neither... I really need to get some stuff sold!!!

OH, +1 on the video camera on the hoop...

A few more from this weekends track outing...

Car was turning some pretty good laptimes as it gets more dialed in....its going to be quite the weapon when the boost is turned up...

Attachments

• DSC_8383 [1600x1200].jpg
    DSC_8383 [1600x1200].jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 343
  • DSC_8408 [1600x1200].jpg
    DSC_8408 [1600x1200].jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 350
  • DSC_8413 [1600x1200].jpg
    DSC_8413 [1600x1200].jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 368
We had a fantastic weekend. The owner is really loving the SL-R. Rob & I had a ball working as pit crew and chatting to all the other enthusiasts at the meet.

By the final session the SL-R was lapping up there with the fastest cars in the field. Just absolutely blew us away. And we still have plenty of improvements to make, same story with any new track car. We are really enjoying the adjustability and characteristics of the suspension.

Some really interesting stuff to come out of the weekend. 225rwhp is not enough. By the time we get the engine all sorted, it should have significantly more power. Which is what we need for this level of racing.

Weighed it. You are looking at 700kg+(1540lbs+) for a serious 4G63T SL-R. That's if you fit twin rads, oil cooler, wide wheels & tyres, large capacity sump, surge tank, extra panelling, wing and of course the extra weight for turbo, intercooler etc. The 4G63 also had an iron block, so this would be one of the heaviest versions. But the SL-R is also quite a big car.

Just for everyones info, we are running 245 & 315 slicks on the SL-R. They are just what we had lying around. We need much softer compounds due to the light weight of this car. Looks like we will stick with 240ish & 270ish sizing.

The customer also supplied his own seats. They have a very thick base. They also run on sliders. They sit a little high for my liking. We can lower them, so will do that when we get a chance.

Before the next race meet we will also fit the optional 4 point race cage. Can't have too much safety.

Also configured the basic Digidash settings on the weekend. Very easy and quick to set up with a laptop. There is just so much it can do, we need to spend much more time with it. This SL-R is fitted with the optional Pro+ version.

Didn't get any racing photos this time, just a few pit photos that Fran posted above. Too many people to talk to and not enough time. Can't believe the buzz the SL-R created at the track. Everyone was impressed with the quality and design. Just awesome.

We just can't wait for the next outing. And I had better bring more business cards next time.

Back