Video of Sema car build

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
fran..... the cool expat that you are, youve got much rightly deserved recognition for all your hard work and running of RCR.

Just wanted to go on record and give all the much talented guys in your shop..denny and the like....all my admiration for the skilled work produced.....

well done lads!

Very nice vignette!! It helps one to appreciate the enormous effort and attention to detail in producing this one-off roadster.

Fran,

The build is even more impressive that the car on display. You guys did a fantastic job, and I trust all of your hard work is recognized by more than just us in the GT40S community !!!

Best
Dom

Thanks..
I hope so too......spread the word...:thumbsup:

It really was a team effort...

The cool thing about that car is that it was built to drive and perform...not just sit in one place and be shiny....

We have a couple of magazine shoots planned in the near future and the car will be driving......

Fran, When I visited your shop I got to meet Wayne and see the project in progress. I am happy it turned out so well for you guys, but I expected nothing less! Beautiful car! Say hi to Wayne for me. Al

Fran I have to say I think you have taken your operation from that of a "kit car" manufacturer to that of a coach builder. I can't think of any of your competitors who are doing the same level of fabrication. It is not so much the attention to detail as the flexibility to realize a design.

Couple of questions if I might. What was the hardest part of the build, and is that dash an adaptation of off the shelf technology or was it a one off for this project. Are you at liberty to disclose the source of the dash. Would it be possible to adapt to other cars such as your SLC.

The dash is a first for the company involved...

They manufacture readouts and installations for the marine world...
the billet case is just a styled unit for the VSR ,the screen can be housed in any design box.

We are trying to come up with a package that could be a retro fit for the SL-C....and allow our customers the rear high end Supercar type feel

The screen can be configured with any type of graphics and layout we want ...it can also be used as an entertainment style monitor...the options are endless.
Hence the thought of nailing down a few parameters and work on a template for the design...

I am leaning towards an analogue style tach (digital graphic obviously) and a choice of scales or bar graphs for ease of viewing....and multi screen pages built into the electronic driver.

I have a call with the VP scheduled on Monday as a matter of fact...

The hardest part of the build....HHMM..

Working to a deadline with a design that could change from day to day due to artistic nature of the customer...and we had to react immediately...especially in the last week of the build.....

My goal of this car was to raise awareness of RCR and showcase what we (in Detroit) are capable of ....

I hope RCR customers can also capitalise on its build and showcase that their replicas and Superlites dont suffer the continued indignity of being called "kitcars" per se...and are classed as handbuilt cars.........:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Cool Vid!

I see Fran, (lots of) Dan and my motorcycle buddy (I don't remember names so good). Inspirational for sure, although.... I can't seem to get things to happen as fast in my workshop (when I'm there) and the music does not sound as powerful either.

I was watching an HD show on significant auto designs the day before I left for SEMA, the Cadillac 16 was part of the show (along with the Ford GT). There was a VP of design by the name of Wayne Cherry talking about the car and its design attributes. Come the next day who was I face to face with? Wayne Cherry. Nice fellah and a car guy for sure, he had interest and the patience to discuss my car and check out some pics.

It was good to see Fran, Dan and Brad again. A few minutes talking to Fran in a relaxed environment was a nice treat.

That dash in an SLC would be great, something along the lines of bars for speed and tach functions or a conventional appearing tach would be good. Something that can be "read" without actually reading the number displayed (a number that is constantly changing in a speed/tach numeric readout dash).

"Too bad the people that know it all can't do it all"
PERFECT.

Great vid.

Fantastic work. The beers and burgers @ hooters payed out.
I feel very proud to have met wayne and all your guys.
Please congratulate them on this onf off beauty.

TOM

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Cool video..... Actually looks like you guys know what your up to... :D

Well done!

Back