GT40P2266 is almost done!

Dennis is just about finished with my GT40 (#2266). Planning on flying out this Thursday to drive back home from NC, only about 1,200 miles back to KS :)

Brian

Attachments

• GT40P2266 4.jpg
    GT40P2266 4.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 371
  • GT40P2266 3.jpg
    GT40P2266 3.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 378
  • GT40P2266 2.jpg
    GT40P2266 2.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 440
  • GT40P2266 1.jpg
    GT40P2266 1.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 448

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Brian that is one heck of a test, if not to far out of the way stop by the my house! Make sure to get some ear plugs!

Gave any thought to VIR and Road America? I am very happy for you!

Nice looking car Brian, what are the specs?

Does drive = trailer or behind the wheel?

The car is right hand drive, wide body (per #1075) with Avon tires. Engine is a Roush 427 w/8-stack injection. My dad and I have always loved GT40s, especially the 1075 car. Driving it nearly half way across the US is going to be an adventure!

Brian

Brian that is one heck of a test, if not to far out of the way stop by the my house! Make sure to get some ear plugs!

Gave any thought to VIR and Road America? I am very happy for you!

We will try to stop by.
We are a go for Road America.

Brian

I wish you well and have a great time, however, you might be wise to do a 200 mile or so shake down around dennis's area before taking off. As good as Dennis is(he has worked on several of my cars) these cars tend to have teething issues. driving in the rain is to be avoided also. the big Avons will not do well in the heavy stuff and the car will leak. Be careful

I wish you well and have a great time, however, you might be wise to do a 200 mile or so shake down around dennis's area before taking off. As good as Dennis is(he has worked on several of my cars) these cars tend to have teething issues. driving in the rain is to be avoided also. the big Avons will not do well in the heavy stuff and the car will leak. Be careful
Chuck,
Good advice. I am having the wheels w/Avons shipped back and driving on the second set of standard rims with stock tires. We were going to fly out this past weekend but Dennis also stated the rain warning....so we hope it will be a go this weekend. Will take plenty of pics and post them.

Brian

The car is right hand drive, wide body (per #1075) with Avon tires. Engine is a Roush 427 w/8-stack injection. My dad and I have always loved GT40s, especially the 1075 car. Driving it nearly half way across the US is going to be an adventure!

Brian

love it!

Cannot wait to see the pictures.

Request, still have the NSX? Can we see one with a side by side? Would love to see the NSX look like a big car for once.

Yes, still have the NSX...fantastic car.
The rear wheels are 15x14". Dennis had them made.
I will be lowering the car for track use. It will also look much better with the wheels tucked up in the fenders.

Brian

Hi, would you know if I can use that size rear wheel for a MKII ?
Thanks,
Dave
Probably not, the offset would have to be different. Since this car has the wide rear, the wheels are still tucked in. I do not believe that the MKII is nearly as wide. Dennis would know though.

Brian

Made it back to Kansas today from NC....nearly 1,200 miles. The car ran fantastic without a problem. Below are a few pics from the trip including my Dad taking a quick nap in the holding seat. We drove back on the 15x10 rims which is why the tires/fenders on the rear look a little funny in the road pics. I cannot say enough about the great job everyone at Olthoff Racing did. I will post more pictures later.... got to get some sleep now.

Brian

Attachments

• Untitled-149.jpg
    Untitled-149.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 342
  • Untitled-150.jpg
    Untitled-150.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 337
  • Untitled-157.jpg
    Untitled-157.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 267
  • Untitled-174.jpg
    Untitled-174.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 283
  • Untitled-176.jpg
    Untitled-176.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 349
  • Untitled-178.jpg
    Untitled-178.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 335
  • Untitled-171.jpg
    Untitled-171.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 283
  • Untitled-177.jpg
    Untitled-177.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 319

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Good for you dude, I worked in the garage yesterday getting ready for the Big Bend Open Road Race. I bet your shoulders are sore. Can you still hear? Did you have Dennis put the thick window in?

Back