GT40P2266 is almost done!

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
What a beautiful 40. Dreams do come true - congrats, Brian!

Any comments about 1200 miles of right-hand drive on north american highways?

T.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Brian, no wonder you didn't stop by my place, I see you have snow this morning! Bet those 15's would be a fright in the snow. Glad you made it home safe.

Brian
I enjoyed meeting you and your dad. That is a trip you'll have with you the rest of your life. We had a beautiful day at the Charlotte speedway (Lowes) on Saturday. It looks like another nice on in NC today. I talked with Todd how nice the Rosch engine sounded when the blue streak came by the Olthoff shop. How did you like the 30 miles through the I-40 gorge? I went through one early Sunday morning averaging 130mph. I will send a shot when I get my car back next week (crossed fingers). Let us know what your friend says about the finish of the car. Like I said, "what is not to like?"
Regards
Grady Wilson from sunny Asheville

Last edited:
looks great!
i wanna know how you drove it so far without any outside mirrors..:)
i didnt think they would register the car without at least 1 side mirror but im not sure.
i think the wide 15s look great.
keep driving it! so many folks build these things and 2 years later they have like 600 miles on them.

Jack,
Sorry we did not stop by, we were trying to beat the rain/snow. I did get the thicker window..good advice.
Grady, it was nice to meet you and thanks for all the advice as well. Wish we could have gone to the show. The car was actually very comfortable and the ride was of course stiff but still very nice. Driving from the RHD is different...especially at night....you tend to drift back over to the left until your passenger says "what are you doing driving on the line again".
The power and handling are awesome.....most enjoyable car I have ever owned!

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for sharing the pictures, it's good to see you made the trip with out any problems. This makes me look forward to the day I get my car. Got to like hearing success stories.

Back