Jag project

Hi chaps (and folks),

I am looking for pic's of modified Jag' XJ6/12s.
I have a project that has got to the "how do I want this to look?" point.

The car is going to need flares but I am having trouble coming up with something suitable.
I have pictures of the Steed Jag' from The Avengers but that might be a step too far for me. So far I haven't found much in my web surfing expeditions so thought it might be fun to open it up to the forum.

For the record the car is a short wheelbase four door series one, British racing green and, er... Chev' powered... :stunned: :)

Wheel choice is currently Minilite but any alternative suggestions would also be much appreciated.

Tim.

Last edited:
Hey Tim.

Google search Broadspeed XJC12 or something similar. At least one used to race in the 70's with BL backing in the UK.

Hope this helps...

Attachments

• jaguar_xj_coupe_12_xjc_12.jpg
    jaguar_xj_coupe_12_xjc_12.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 283
Thanks Troy, I think the broadspeed car is the basis for the Steed car. Everyone at the time thought that car was tough as nails. :)

I'm trying to tone it down a notch but that turned out to be harder than I thought...

Tim.

Thanks Troy, that's what I'm after. :)
The front guards don't look far from the standard wide flare version which is interesting.

Great looking car, almost wish I'd bought it instead of doing up this one...:thinking:

Tim.

I have always loved the Avengers Jag. Go for a really wild shape, with the lovely dark British Racing Green paint. Sadly, you need to stuff in a Chevvy or some V8 to get reliable engine power.
Show us some pics?

I'll publish a pic' when it's done. ATM its still a bit untidy. :stunned: :)

Everybody of a certain age and above loves the Avengers car. :). I think it's a bit much for what I'm planning but you never know. ;)
Mine's a four door which makes it a bit less Steedish.

I spoke to the workshop that Troy's post led me to. They were a little, er, unexcited about the choice of engine but very helpful.

Tim.

Last edited:
Hi, I reckon a standard SWB series 1 car is hard to beat just lowered a bit and on decent wheels (first pic). In fact I think they are among the most beautiful seadns ever made. This '73 daimler sovereign is my 383 chev twin turbo powered road car, which i still use as my daily driver.

Second pic is my '72 Jag with 461 BB chev twin turbo road race car. No longer own it, but it was a fun thing to drive, especially in a straight line! I used what I learned from this car to build up the road going version.

andrewrobertson-albums-mclaren-m1c-replica-build-photos-picture1007-1973-daimler-sov-383-chev-twin-turbo.jpg

andrewrobertson-albums-mclaren-m1c-replica-build-photos-picture1009-1972-xj-jag-series-1-swb-461-chev-twin-turbo.jpg

Cheers, Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Wow, beautiful cars! :)
I agree, they are among the best looking sedans ever.

If you could PM me info' on those wheels I'd appreciate it - offset etc. In fact, looking at your cars, any and all advice would be appreciated. :)

Thanks guys

Tim.

Last edited:
Back