Some new paint on ole #02

I decided to paint a black duplicolor bedliner spray everywhere that you can't see when the front and rear is on the car. It's hard to explain but here are some pictures.

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

That's exactly why I did it. At the track it is pretty easy to scratch something as often as the rear clip comes off.

I think it looks meaner!

Looks really nice. Now tell me about those rear inner fenders. Did you make those or does Fran offer them?

You guys don't miss a thing! The inner fenders come from Fran. I think the kit front and rear is between $5-600 but I'm just running the rears. It's worth every penny.

The "hookie thingies" are a mounting system for the front clip. A 1 inch steel pipe lays in the slots and is bolted into the front clip. You can quickly hit the latches and slide forward a few inches and the front is completely removed.

This is a true track day version of the SL-C. You need to be able to get the body panels off quickly some times. Fran came through with the bits and pieces to make that happen.

No one noticed the extended splitter?

No one noticed the extended splitter?

That's the first thing I noticed.
It looks like the leading edge cut off and a street splitter mounted underneath. (or at least the outer perimeter). Increases ground clearance 1/2" or so. Is it extended about 3" in the center? A couple of us were discussing the same concept a while back.

Car looks great.

Car looks superb. Love UR new ideas. The latch system needs such modification. Dean, you and Fran seem to be forever a wealth of wonderful new ideas. Thanks.

PS.. No air jac system?

Last edited:
The "hookie thingies" are a mounting system for the front clip. A 1 inch steel pipe lays in the slots and is bolted into the front clip. You can quickly hit the latches and slide forward a few inches and the front is completely removed.

Is this your own invention or the way the factory does it? Just kind of curious because on the older cars, the side aluminum panels had "prongs" which stuck out and "secured" the front of the rear clip making for easy front-off, but in your pics the side panels appear to have them cut off (of non-existent)

Dean looks good, nice touch.
I wouldn't mind a closer look at the Alum locking plates on your front clip.
Dean if you don't mind could you post a close up.
I would still like to have a working tipping hinge my back is toast, lifting the front end off is a killer for me.
Cheers,
Grant

I'll get you some pictures tonight. It's all Fran's idea. He is the one that created the Hookie thingies. When you see the close ups you'll notice that they also help support the extended splitter.

The front panels are the same as everyone else would get. I did not cut them. I don't know how the original cars latched in the front but if you have a picture, that would help me understand what your referring to.

Dean, the radiator support panels on the earlier cars has a slight curve and different shape at the front. They are about 3" longer.
These areas had to be cut off to fit the earlier hinges.

Deans splitter is exactly as we ran the 01 car in 2011....the front nose attachment is also exactly how we run the 01 car.

We did away with the rad box extension/holddowns a long time ago as they enable too much room for error during the build process...

That panel now has a vertical edge and the preferred hold down is to use two quick release pit pins through the brake duct and the rad box sides...easily accessible from the brake duct or the radiator opening in front.

The front panels are the same as everyone else would get. I did not cut them. I don't know how the original cars latched in the front but if you have a picture, that would help me understand what your referring to.

Fran addressed it above - apparently it's the original design that they no longer use.

Notice how my hook thingies ( :D ) are a piece of the panel and not a bolt-in

prongs.jpg

Actually we are running the same style of locating and mounting system but its integrated into our race only front splitter now....

The SLC still uses the same radiator box but with the small folded section removed from the leading edge of the panel....

Should the builder chose to use two pit pins it will make life much easier and far more adjustable .....otherwise two small nuts and bolts will suffice and achieve the same effect..but will be less timely for removal.

Last edited:
You know what's even easier - having said end prongs so you just slide it in and out of them, haha .... not quite certain where the misalignment can come from, once it's on the guide pins it's not like you can twist it around, but you're the boss :laugh:

Back