POSTING PICTURES

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey,

FYI pictures are really easy to do - if you know the trick to making them work.

First, your pictures must be on a server somewhere where you can call them up by URL.

When you want to insert them into your post do not try to tag the image or do the HTML code yourself - there is an easier way. If you look below where you type your message you'll find a lot of buttons: URL, EMAIL, BOLD, ITALICS, QUOTE........ and a button that say IMAGE.

Just click this button, type in your URL (or better yet, paste it from another browser window that is displaying the image) and you're done.

Try it out, easy to do and livens up the board.

Sorry for editing the post on the other section regarding the monoques but I wanted the images to work - check it out.

Ron

Here is my first broadband upload
6765838-af05-028001E0-.jpg

6765839-0db4-028001E0-.jpg

G

Hi

I think the pictures idea is a very good one and certainly your new UK fans should be able to supply some pictures. I only need to understand what on earth the above messages meant! I am not a techie! I am sure freinds here will help as I have some good competition photos.

Malcolm

G

For those of you wondering "How do I get my images on a server?" and don't know what a server is, there is a way.

Try http://www.imagestation.com it is a free image hosting service. Setup an account, follow the instructions to upload the images. Once you have uploaded and moved them to an 'album' you are then ready to link them to messages here (and on other boards). To find out the URL (the link to the picture), view the image in the ablum you want to post, right click over it and in Netscape select copy image location, use paste to paste the image URL. In Microsoft IE right click over the image and select properties, in the window that comes up highlight the text opposite Address (URL), that is the link. It will look something like:

Code:

which is for this picture

fe246471.jpg

G

Wayne, that is a very pretty blue. Would you mind sharing with us what the color/code is? I was thinking of using the new 2002 corvette color electron blue which looks similar to what you have.

Ron Earp

Admin
Wayne,

The car looks great! Have you driven it yet? If so, please post some impressions of the car compared with the old Grape Ape.

Greg,
Thanks for putting the pic tutorial up, I'm receiving 3-5 emails a day for folks wanting me to post their pictures for them. I just don't have the time.

Ron

[ November 10, 2001: Message edited by: Ron Earp ]

G

Wayne,
Your car looks great, now that you have it on the road, I would like to know what you think of the CAV 40.

Malcolm.

Wayne,

I figured out what's wrong with your GT40 picture. The car isn't in my yard.

Have fun!

John

Back