01F vs 01E transaxels

I do not have a GT40 however, I have been looking over the forum and you guys seem to be more knowledgable of Audi transaxels than those that actually own Audi vehicles. I currently have a 01F in my vehicle (behind a 12v V6 AFC engine code) and was wondering if the 01E transaxle would share the same bell housing bolt pattern. Any hep would be appreciated.

Hi octavius,
i personally have not heard of an o1F,could the bottom bar of the E be missing.pictures of the box and numbers may help to sort it.
cheers Ali

sorry for not explaining more clearly. The 01F is an audi automatic transmission. From what I have gathered I believe it is interchangeable with the 01A because both came mated to the AFC motor... However, I have a opportunity to purchase an 01E this week for a good price and I cannot find any literature on the subject.

sorry for not explaining more clearly. The 01F is an audi automatic transmission. From what I have gathered I believe it is interchangeable with the 01A because both came mated to the AFC motor... However, I have a opportunity to purchase an 01E this week for a good price and I cannot find any literature on the subject.

What engine is in the car? I'm not familiar with the 01F but being that Adui is like any other German auto company, I'd be surprized of it didn't bolt up to the 01E. Example being Porsche's Boxster 5 and 6 speed transmissions have totally different looking bolt patterns but can be swapped out for each other with little hassle. 5 speed has an audi 016-like pattern, 6 speed is more like a 996 bolt pattern but both of them share common bolts and will mate up to each other's engines.

Yeah after reasearching a little more it would be less of a guessing game to go with an 01A. I'll send you a PM about the trans.

Back