'04 "Action attraction!"

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Re: \'04 \"Action attraction!\"

Just finished replacing the motor,as the last race meeting ended in disaster during qualifying when a valve head parted company from it's little stem @ # 6. I've never seen so much schrapnel fit through a welsh plug hole--- no warning,sounded like i'd run over some gravel or something,however the steam and smoke was a give away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gifI then spoke to/of Jesus ( * /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif ) and he said never mind my son you still have some money in the bank-- go ahead use some more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Now we're off to Tasmania for the "Targa" and hope to finish it on four wheels this time.
And when we get back it'll be time for the production sports enduro (15-16/5/05)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Sorry to hear about the engine Chris, but as you say "Its only money". : (Good luck in the Targa, I have a small interest in it this year, I loaned my G50 box to one of the competitors as a spare. He has promised to rebuild it if he has to use it. So although I wish him well, I hope he has a little bit of box problem and has to use mine. For those Forum members who want information on Targa Tasmania go to www.targa.org.au It is sort of the Aussie version of the Mille Miglia. Chris what is your number so we can follow your progress?.

Re: \'04 \"Action attraction!\" - Targa Tasmania

Pete,
Chris is co driving in a Trimumph TR7 V8 No601
Eve is co driving in a Trimumph TR4 No 305
Guy Beddington is driving his Ultima GTR 5.7V8 No 961

Pete,

Who did you lend your G50 to ?

FastForty
Come on give us some more clues.
A name, a photo, what's your car? Don't be shy!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

[ QUOTE ]
Pete,

Who did you lend your G50 to ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Reveal yourself and I'll tell you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh well I couldn't find any of you to introduce myself tonight, I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow night. :)

Tim.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

TR4--1
TR7 V8--0
Ultima GTR--15?
Daytona Coupe,did well?
911 RSR ---0
Mrs flatchat co-drove the TR4(Triumph)to a class win as it limped across the finish line after 5 days, with a screeching clutch throw out bearing,a big end noise and a collapsed rear end.I can't tell you how thrilled she is.
The TR7 retired after day 1 due to a spun big end brng,bloody pommie crap I'm glad I don't own 'em.
The Ultima performed well--indeed.
The 911RSR retired with a serious motor problem .(this guy has all my fav. toys--GT40,Lola T70 etc etc)
Good weather until the last day with rain sleet snow and fog. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Oh well, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet any of you. I found the TR4 but there was no-one around it.
I've met Guy a few times before but he wasn't around when I was there.
Congratulations on the class win and I hope you all had fun, despite the problems.

Tim.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

That apparent derogatory remark of "jesus" a couple of replies back has payed it's dividends-- I hereby publically apologise-- now can I have my motor back please!
The build up for the w'end gone must have been too much for the "Winjer" motor when it finally spat its dummy Sat. afternoon in front of all the fans /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
To Peter of GT40 Australia and team who spent countless hours preping (the little bitch)'ole #4, I cant thank you enough, but we ain't dead yet, so I promise that it will be on its best behaviour for the "historics" in July.
--I hope that covers everything---
"pist'n'broke" .
Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Have a great time. Is Gary going to take the honours again???????

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

3-4/7/04 Super V8s @ Queensland raceway
10-11/7/04 Super sprints 'A' series @ Morgan park
17-18/7/04 Sat. arvo sprints @ Q.R
24-25/7/04 All Historics @ Q.R. (keep fingers crossed with motor # 3 this year)
21-22/8/04 Leyburn sprints around the houses
25/8/04 Golden era or auto racing (GEAR)#4 @ Q.R
28-29/8/04 State champs @ M.P (motor # 4 maybe??)
4-5/9/04 Super Sprints 'B'series @ M.P
11-12/9/04 Pittsworth sprints around the houses
18-19/9/04 Speed on Tweed (historic cars around the streets)
Open race event @ Q.R also
25-26/9/04 Super Sprints 'A' series @ Q.R
2-3/10/04 Cobra Nationals @ Goulburn--Wakefield Park
7-10/10/04 The famous Bathurst 1000
20/10/04 GEAR @ Q.R

More to come.
Cheers C.H /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

There'll be plenty of action @ queensland raceway this w'end for all those interested in historic race cars.
Rob Sherrard has entered 4 of his cars-- GT40 1109,lola T70,Porsche 911 & the RS200.
Should be interesting to see the 'times'between the real and the replica GT40?? keeping fingers crossed that everything holds together for the duration (please God)
The nerves are building like I've never experienced before--Ahh, should be right when the helmut is on
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

1109 is no slouch around the 2.11km track-- until a broken half shaft ended its day. Mr Sherrard was having a ball punting all his toys to the limit even the pit crew were doing overtime. The Lola did 55s but ended up with some body damage . The RS200 took off like a rocket but lap times were severely hampered by those bloody expensive useless Michelin "pilot sport"Tyres .The 911RSR went well but did have a little trouble staying on the track.
Anyway-- the real GT40 did a 58.4 and the DRB rep did a 59.6 at "8 tenths" until a "F-----g" welch plug fell out and ruined my W'end.God,you aren't listening!
(excuse my brief statements as there's not enough room on this forum for all the details)
So--- Motor #4 coming up ,be warned Mr Ford as I've been speaking with Mr Chevrolet.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Keep on smiling!!

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

Good to see Ross up near the pointy end at the recent Victorian state Champs--Sandown .That Cobra,MG and Porsche must be pretty quick though.
Give 'em heaps!
Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter

Chris and all
Chris you forgot to mention the Ferrari 360 I beat into 6th place.I wish Ford would give me some money for keeping their Le Mans record alive.I had a great weekend and out qualified the Ferrari too.That extra power I got (15 rear wheel kw) at the dyno last weekend really made the difference and I had to learn to drive the car all over again. Even the sound of the induction is different.I still have gear ratio problems and will try to fix them before Phillip Island on Sept 4th. Look to be honest I was happy to hit the top 10 but 5th was fantastic.The car is handling pretty well now too, which helps the confidence to chuck it into corners harder. One thing I found was the air temp did not match dyno temp and unless I kept the motor temp at 90 degrees it would pop and bang for the first lap (a bit too lean).Fixed it with lots of warm ups on the dummy grid.

Ross

Back