'04 "Action attraction!"

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Re: \'04 \"Action attraction!\"

Wow!you did well to keep up with them @ 3800rpm .With the potential of 6500rpm the corrected times would be 1.7faster?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.
Lets see---1:10 would be 41sec's
:8.6 " " 5.05
:20.6 12.1
:64.09 37.7
Lots o potential there (I wasn't that good at sums) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif so I guess you're telling me you go quicker without the computer then?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

A big day today--The US election? The Melbourne cup,and VSCRC at Sandown where Ross was barking at the heels of a Porsche gt2,Viper,Ferrari and a couple of Cobras--and I assume a wet track??as it's that time of the year, you get 4 seasons in one day.
Was that Eric Bana the movie star ("Chopper",)driving a 944?
Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter

Chris
Yep thats the! Eric Bana alright don't forget the incredible hulk and Troy as well.Hes human too I think the stewards had a word to him on tuesday, probably just wanted an autograph.Where were you last sunday I thought you were coming to Sandown. I was hoping to meet you.Peter Ransom was there but every time I went to talk to him he was busy,
I'd hate him to think we're snobby down here.I ended up 5th in the championship by the way, hope to improve next year.
Regards Ross

Sandown was a great rainy day for the vintage stuff. Saw a lot of Forties, organized by Robert and met a couple of the owners. I found the high light of the day was watching the 32 roadster do in the Cooper Climax! What a hoot.

Anybody participating or going to see the Noosa Hill Climb this year. I've got way too many things on so won't be able to make it up there.

Event details:
7th Annual Noosa Hillclimb
DISTANCE: 1.5 kms
VENUE: Gyndier Drive via Noosa-Cooroy Highway, Tewantin.
DATE: 13 and 14 November 2004

For more information click on this link

Wayne Park is driving Rob Sherrard's Gulf coloured GT40(#1109).

Kevin Bartlett, who has regulary driven David Bowden's Green GT40(#1034), is driving a Monaro. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Just checked results using link above and GT40 #1109 is listed with DNR. So it didn't race, oh well don't feel as bad about missing it now. Although there is always plenty of other great vehicles to see.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

Plenty of action this w'end @ QR-- sports cars,sports sedans,superkarts,improved production, histric group N,formula ford etc,etc.My little group of 17 consists of 3 porsche GT3s, supercharged mx5,blown westfield and some motor bike engined rockets.This will be an exiting event, so be early- if you want to see a DRB GT40 fairlane lugging around a race track at full noise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

You're most welcome Pete--most of my racing buddies have gone to Phillip Island for the "Tattersalls" sports car 1 hour enduro this w'end (which left all the fast ones behind) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.--Quite an interesting event and it will be televised

Pit crew welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

T'was great to finish the season on a good note --car never missed a beat for the grueling 10 lappers and despite the 38+ deg.C, a podium finish in class,however no match for the Porsche GT3s of the Quinn family (VIP petfoods)--yet!
Big thanks to the pit crew Pete x 2, Don,Gary, Graham and Lynn who provided us with a very civilised and sumptuous lunch

Till next February when the new season of racing starts in sunny Queensland Australia, stay tuned.

Just gotta tuck into the festive season for now, Ho! Ho! Ho!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Back