'04 "Action attraction!"

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Re: \'04 \"Action attraction!\"

1109 is to hit the streets of Leyburn 21-22/8/04 This event commemerates the 1949 Australian Grand Prix .The small country Queensland town with a population of a few hundred will cater for an influx of 20,000 during the weekend.
1034 has done it as well as DRB #1 and DRB #17
www.leyburnmotorsprints.com.au
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
shake apart engineer
Chris

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

A 40th anniversary of gt40s is being planned for 7/11/04 at Sandown raceway (Melbourne Australia)
Should be the largest roundup of GT40s in Aus.
Any takers????
The Famous Melbourne cup is also on, (2/11/04)a horse race that whole nation stops for
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif stay tuned
Chris

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter

Chris
Wow this is the first I've heard of this 40th anniversary at Sandown, do you know who's running it? Word is our final round of the Vic State race series is to be held as a one day meeting on Melbourne cup day.The Lotus Club (I'm a member) had a track day at Sandown yesterday and I set fastest time of the day in the wet, even though some clubmans got a dry run.!min 33sec seems quite leisurely after last weekend.The other GT40 didn't do so well as a little too much welly on a wet track put him in the armco after just 1 lap.Bye the way Linden Punshon in your rear view mirror no problem already done it. However it was just before he passed me having served a drive through penalty.Tee Hee
Regards Ross

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

About the 40th ann. @ Sandown 6-7/11/04 We might be able to get some track time--doing the "regularity"event ,level 2 licence required --Just need to talk the victorian historic racing register www.vhrr.com/ for an invitation.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

A technology break through for the town of Leyburn this W'end--Live coverage of the event on TV at the pub--(as everything revolves around "the pub")There'll be some well to do motor racing identities in attendance as well.Weather looking good,harsh temp's -6 oC to +30 oC (still winter)

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

1109 made an impressive debut,with an outright win at the hands of Wayne Park, a seasoned pilot.
Rob Sherrard was all smiles as his multi million dollar collection of thoroughbreds were centre of attraction and he wasn't afraid to use 'em either

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

"Fast forty" has requested some competition from gt40s at the upcoming Cobra nationals (Goulburn NSW Aus)this October.
Well, here in Qld. we've decided to let him collect all the trophies (ie.1,2,and 3) instead of, say 4th or 5th--and then he wants to show us his nuts on our home turf.
We'd like to see this eh, heh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
And bring your own grid girls this time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Maaate! Good Luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Chris

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

It was a cheeky email Chris, I thought it would get a reaction. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

Ross looked to be most consistant at the Victorian state champs Phillip Island, amongst a pile of Porsches an MG and that bloody Cobra--keep it up mate consistency is good!
Donk # 4 is all Fired up
Chris

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

Picturesque Murwillumbah is the stage for Australias answer to "Goodwood"--www.speedontweed.com/ .Two GT40s entered --1109 (Sherrard) and 1034 (Bowden) amongst many other fine historic steeds.
Lots of activities--a tremendous weekend!

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

Looks like Farst Forty is set for a major clean up (trophys) at the Cobra nationals this W'end--Wakefield Park,Goulburn. Aus. Revell in it while you can mate! There'll be a hot contingent of GTs next year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Will you (fast forty) be wearing the bottomless race suit to the dinner on Sat. night?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

Anything to report Mr Fast Forty???? 1st in sprints,1st hillclimb,1st in drags, 1st in go to whoa and 1st in show n shine?? Well done
A cobra came off second best after an altercation with the barrier wall--at least he had a roll cage!apart from bruising he's OK
Amazes me how everyone spends so much on horse power and very little on the important things like tyres, crash protection and handling equipment.
"Oh to be invincible"
Cheers everyone

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

It's all go this weekend for the bathurst 1000 where Australias most popular V8 family sedans battle it out--for a bottle of champagne--Go the fords!
The track is 6.2 klm long, from pit lane to the summit is 864 M with gradient of 1:6 and they do this 161 times including pitstops and driver change.
So kick back with "esky"(full of beer n ice)in front of the telly and enjoy the ride.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

And what a great race it was /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Had a bit of everything including confrontation with the local wildlife /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
the winner? SHHHHHHH. A Chev powered Holden. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Next six were Fords though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

IT'S INDY TIME hereon the gold coast of Australias sunshine state and for the first time in what seems like 12 months it's raining. The Indy cars from America are here for a bit of a show n'shine or something? they will be part of a week long festivity of motor racing.
It's all happening here in Wally World--- sea world,dream world,movie world, wet n'wild the big pineapple and Crikey the crocodile--fun for everyone!!even the big Gallah /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

"Some"comparative results from the (Aussie) cobra nationals:-
Sprints GT40-1:10 (5.7L)
Cobra-1:11 (4L)

Drags GT40 8.6 (1/8 mile)
Cobra 8.4

Hillclimb GT40 64.09
Cobra 60.69

Go t Whoa GT40 20.6
Cobra 14.9

One GT40 (DRB) compared with the pick of the bunch road registered Cobra (stock Toyota power /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

"One day wonders" @ QR this sundy, thought I might dust off the old girl and go for a bit of a tootle around the track--to blow out a few cob webs and get reaquainted with fast tarmac again.

DRB#17
Works race mule /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hi Chris,

Actually there is a funny story re these times. I had been asking my new son in law ( aeronautical electronics engineer working for Qantas ) for months to instal a new computor that provided multiple shift change lights and a new rev limiter. The day before the Cobra Car Club Nationals when I was at work he turned up at home and without my knowledge wired it in. My wife told me when I got home and we had to leave for the Nationals early the next morning. I rang my son in law and asked him what had he done and in particular had he disabled the rev limiter facility of the new computor and he said YES.

So I turn up at the track and immediately get sent out as number 2 car.

First event Go To Whoa - cold and wet track, car starts breaking down above 3800 revs. I assume that its because it has not had a run for a while and will clear itself during the day

Second event Hillclimb - wet track and raining when I get sent out - car continues to break down above 3800

Third event Drags - car will not rev above 3800 without breaking down

Take the car for a run along the road and sure enough it continues to break down above 3800.
Remove the plugs and they are all fouled and full of carbon.Clean the plugs.

So I decide that it must be the new computor and spend the rest of the afternoon disconnecting the new computor.
Take car for a run along the road and guess what it runs to 6500 ( my old rev limiter ) no problems

Return to track next day for Sprints and car runs as normal. Only Cobras that are quicker are a lightweight race car ( Warrick Harrisons ) and a Lexus powered twin turbo charged race car on slicks( Scott Hamson ) against a street registered GT40 running road tyres.

Moral of the story - Dont let anyone work on your car unless your there and especially if your going to an event the next day.

My historic times versus these times,
Sprint 1.10 v 1.10
Drags 8.42 v 8.6
GoToWhoa 13.24 v 20.6
Hillclimb 57.02 v 64.09

Chris the car was so slow that even YOU would have even beaten me !!!!!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif grin: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif:grin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS: I have an almost brand new computor that I would like to sell to you very cheaply - give me a ring !!!!!!!

Back