Just a note to say many thanks to Barry for his time & tea plus the chance to get up close and personal with the inner workings of 1103! And to add a heart-felt unsolicited plug for CKL whose premises are every bit as impressive as the photo suggests. If I were a gentleman of means with a garage full of classic Jaguars, there's nowhere else I would take them :) Cheers!

:thumbsup:

Any chance you have pictures of the shift linkage

DSCF4853.jpg

DSCF4857.jpg

DSCF4851.jpg

DSCF4855.jpg

Thanks, great pictures. Answers lots of questions. More pictures would be great there are so few street cars it's good to how they were built.

Love the pics, keep em coming. Great pic of rear with clip off

Thanks again for taking time & trouble to post

Cheers

Karl

DSCF4883.jpg

DSCF4870.jpg

looks like the panels will need to be unrivited to get the steering rack and the top wishbones out

wouldn't be suprised if these pads are original
DSCF4869.jpg

DSCF4868.jpg

just incase it breaks down in the dark
DSCF4881.jpg

note the quality welding :worried:

must thank Ford Heritage for allowing us to photograph, measure and take cardboard templates of 1107 so we can deflare 1103 and get it back to as close as it would have been

DSCF4937Small.jpg

DSCF4916Small.jpg

DSCF4915Small.jpg

and had a really good look over that car to see if i could spot any differences. there are a few that we need to research like the wing mirrors and the side repeaters on 1103 which 1107 doesn't have.

just need to find some very early pictures of 1103

If you get a chance would you please take some pictures of the area between the radiator and the heater. Include plumbing and how they closed off the wheel wells. Thanks again.

Thanks for sharing, never realised the road cars passed the coolant down the sides.

Is that a pair of remote brake servo's in that last pic?

Thanks again. So does the car have power assist on both the brakes and clutch? Also does it have a MKI rear clip and a MKIII nose?

i'll have a closer look at the plumbing on the servos but i'm sure they are just for brakes. 1107 has a similar set up though the servos look just slightly different.

the car is all MK3. the rear clip was modified to accommodate the wider rear wheels fitted in the 70's. iv'e got the clip turned upside down and completly stripped of anything that'll unbolt at the moment. it's plain to see where the fibreglass has been added for the flares and cut away for the exhaust.

there are quite a few subtle differences between 1103 and 1107 but 1107 does have a lot of the same problems as 1103, for example, where the catches are attached to the sills for the rear clip the sill has split the same making the catches wobbly.

i'l take more pictures in the next couple of weeks

DSCF4963.jpg

DSCF4976.jpg

DSCF4969.jpg

DSCF4974.jpg

engine should be out tomorrow. it takes time to photograph and bag everything plus iv'e made wooden tressels to hold the nose and tail so not a huge amount has happend.

still looking for period photos pre mods if anyone has anything :pleased:

Thanks for the pics Barry. Many of us wondered how the center rod shifter snaked around the engine. Interesting that Mk3's moved the brake and clutch reservoirs out of the frame for greater accessibility.

yes they are and one is for sale. and that isn't all the D's we have either, we have enough in to fill all the bays. the rest are in our other building/store with about 30 more cars waiting for work :smug2:.

the front is now completly stripped and in the paint shop. i now know where the heater fans are. there is one each side in the front where the front brake cooling ducts would be on a race car. quite intreaguing to how the headlights are also fitted. the inner ones are actually spot lights with the same mounts that you would use when fitting extra lights on a stem on the bumper. the bezels are rings machined from billet ally.

another wierd thing is that i cannot remove the gear linkage rod. all the uj's are welded and must have been fitted before the handbrake bracket was welded in. there is now way in the world it'll come out without cutting out some metalwork. so it's staying. they'll just have to paint around it.

i'll have a closer look at the plumbing on the servos but i'm sure they are just for brakes. 1107 has a similar set up though the servos look just slightly different.

You'd need two in that kind of setup. Look rather like Girling powerstop boosters to me (I'm no expect, I just came across them at Restoration Brake Services while researching boosters).
06.jpg

Even one on ebay at the moment (item 200671207160)!

Last edited:
Back