1991 NPTI 91-11 GTP race car for sale on Wirewheel

Dunno about the black, I don't remember seeing it in the series when it was running in any case.

...must be from the period mentioned in the add when Jim Oppenheimer / RM Motorsport owned it and rebuilt it perhaps?

Aric

Aric,

I'm with you there, beautiful cars...............

Whats with the black?

It is built from spares and it is a fantastic deal at the asking price, which will probably be selling price. Maintenence is certainly an issue and a car like that takes a bit of prowess to drive, but aside from that you could not build it for the price. I believe they would take, in code, 10 times a woman's last known age.

...a great deal, about 1/1000 of what I would have expected... ;)

It is built from spares and it is a fantastic deal at the asking price, which will probably be selling price. Maintenence is certainly an issue and a car like that takes a bit of prowess to drive, but aside from that you could not build it for the price. I believe they would take, in code, 10 times a woman's last known age.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
..... Maintenence is certainly an issue and a .....

Interesting statement Johan because about 10 years ago I purchased a sandrail with a turbo 13b rotary which had this wicked sounding ball bearing turbo proportedly straight off these Nissan GTP cars. The engine builder here in Southern California had some relationship with Nissan and grabbed a couple two or three of them in the late 90's and tuned this one rotary motor to them. He always told me to be careful with it 'cuz there ain't no more'. It lasted a couple of seasons and when it finally let go it was impossible to find another one, even used. I had to replace it with something else, it never ran the same again.

The turbos sounded like no other, they would wind down after shutting off the motor like turbines on a commercial airlner. The sound alone would draw the attention of anyone within earshot. They were also unique in how small they were, they would "spool" up in an instant and provide boost (20lbs) with very little lag, great for a rotary motor that doesn't get torque until higher in the rpm range. I can't imagine how amazing these GTP cars with twin turbos were.

Tim

Yes, and it could get the new vette body and be stunning. The body that is on it is one of the least unattractive Gen I or Gen II bodies. Dare I say I like it ?

Back