1st MDA to Canada

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

If there are any builders who want a template & instructions for the early rear light setup I have let me know and I'll take a tracing for you.

Cheers

Chris

Just received my new short eared spinners. I'll have more progress to post next (slowly but surely)...

Chris

Attachments

• Short Eared Spinners.jpg
    Short Eared Spinners.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 444
Made some clamshell catch brackets/assembly. I used 1/8th inch x 2 x 36 inch aluminum to make 2 brackets from, metal brake to bend them and hole saw blades for cutting. Looks good and works well.

Chris

Attachments

• SlamCatchBrackets_01.jpg
    SlamCatchBrackets_01.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 392
  • SlamCatchBrackets_02.jpg
    SlamCatchBrackets_02.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 360
  • SlamCatchBrackets_03.jpg
    SlamCatchBrackets_03.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 472
  • Slamcatch Pins_01.jpg
    Slamcatch Pins_01.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 394
The rear ducts are now installed. I had to shorten the length in order to clear the anti-sway bar when the rear clip is closed. I removed 2.5 inches from the mid-point of the duct and then re-attached allowing them to move inwards enough to clear.

Chris

Attachments

• Left Rear Duct_01.jpg
    Left Rear Duct_01.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 425
  • Right Rear Duct_01.jpg
    Right Rear Duct_01.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 414
  • Rear Ducts_01.jpg
    Rear Ducts_01.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 416
Resurrecting some past photos' of my 'lump'. I managed to pull a 289 from a 67 Cougar awhile ago (it took some doing to find a 289), casting says 66 and I''m sure it's not a Hi-PO (I have the C number). I would like to retain the iron heads (call me whatever) which they and the block have since been stripped down completely. I'm only looking for 1966 GT40 HP and torque numbers. I'll send everything our for mag particle inspection before re-building just to make sure.

Last pic is the standard I intend to build to.

Chris

Attachments

• Engine Photos_08.jpg
    Engine Photos_08.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 405
  • Engine Photos_09.jpg
    Engine Photos_09.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 400
  • C6FE race engine_02.jpg
    C6FE race engine_02.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 541
Last edited: