1uzfe to audi 012

Hi Wayne,

Yes I'm going with the 012 as that's what I have in the shed.

With my design the adaptor plate is 25mm thick and the standout from the from the one side of the flywheeel to the other is 61mm, with the flex plate being behind that when its all bolted to the crank.

You'll need to post some drawings of what yoiu think the potential problem is, as at the moment I'm not getting it.

The Audi slave has a spring in it so the TOB is permanently engaged on the spring fingers, and I've determined that using the V6 clutch the slave cylinder will not be bottomed when the clutch is new. After all these are all parts that were designed by Audi to go together so there should be no problem, providing the flywheel face is not too far in to the trans.
But due to wanting to keep the flywheel offset to the minimum is actually the reverse problem that could be more of an issue, and from my measurements this will be ok too if the friction plate is only just fully engaged on the input shaft when new.

My drawing pkg saves in a strange format (*.dft) but Ill try to post a pic. My concern is that your 012 drawing shows a max from the TOB to the bellhousing face to be 3.57". This is with the TOB bac as far as it goes bottoming out the slave cyl. My flywheel with clutch mounted on the crank measures at 3.55". This only leaves .020" of free travel in the TOB. As the clutch disk wears the fingers will get taller making my 3.55" greater and lessen the .020" freeplay. My concern is will the disc wear so much that the fingers will get taller, more than the .020" that I have, making the freeplay 0.0" or so much as to put pressure on the TOB and clutch fingers thus reducing my clutch clamping force.

Example: When in operation the flywheel face, the pressure plate face and the clutch disc will begin to wear. If the pressure plate finger ratio is 7-1 then anything over .003" of combined wear on these pieces would excede the .020" freeplay and will start to reduce the clutch clamping force.

My original question was, What is a good amount of freeplay to start with? I think .020" is not enough but dont know what would be too much. I would feel better if this were about .070" to .1".

Last edited:
Hi Wayne,

I went nad measured my clutch again to get the drawing attached.
From the crank face to the face of flywheel = 2.496"
From the crank face to the tip of the clutch fingers = 4.368". this is with no clutch plate in there i.e. the worst possible case.
From the clutch finger tip to the TOB with the slave bottomed = .106"

From reading your post I don't you've got anywhere near enough clearance if thats the clearance with a new plate in.

If the plate were taken out or a packer put in to simulate a fully worn plate what's the distance then? I think thats the way to get the measurement you need.

On the face of it to me though from what you've said I don't think it'll work.

Attachments

• Clutch.jpg
    Clutch.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 444
Nice drawings......

I dont think my clutch arrangement will work either, just needed to get a second opinion. I need to change something someplace. Your freeplay of .106" with fingers extended sounds much better.

Wayne

Last edited:
It has been almost 2 years since the last post, and I am not at the point where the posters were. I have a 012 trans, trying to decide on the clutch/flywheel/pressure-plate combination. ...and I need to figure out what works.
As opposed to reinventing everything, what did you use (make and model # of flywheel clutch PP Throw out bearing and what where your final measurements?

Basically any of the Audi stuff will fit from a clutch point of view so just got for the strongest you can find.

I'm pretty sure this is the kit I have.

Back