930 R&P Ratio?

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Paul -

Down load some gear calculation software, one that is pretty good is called GearCalc

GearCalc

You can try all the ratios, gears, tire sizes which are all an important factor. You can poke around here on the site and find various mods to the gears with the stock R&P. I think the stock R&P for the 930 is 4:22 and the other ratio is more difficult to come buy (check with some of the sponsors about that).

One thing is to be realistic for the use of the car, if a highway car vs. a track car you will have some different gears to make it work well with your application.

Sandy

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Paul,

As far as I am aware the common R & P in a 930 is 9/38 = 4.22 ratio. The only other one I have heard of is a 9/36 = 4.0 ratio and I don't think it's all that common. However, someone may know differently.

Of course there could be different aftermarket ones around if you've got an 8/37 = 4.625. I would personally think the 4.22 would be better with a V8, although you can change actual gear ratios to suit.

Cheers,

Edit. Sandy replied whilst I was typing

Thanks for the reply guys. I should have been more accurate in my request as I meant to write 'what is the standard R&P ratio'. English never was my bestest subject!!

To follow on from this, are individual gear sets readily available to modify the gear ratios using the standard 9/38 R&P? If so where is the best place to buy these from preferably in the UK or Europe?

Back