A new thread about anything.

Keith

Pete, the conversations were bugged by anti-terrorist police and MI5. As far as I know they are UK citizens of Pakistani origins and, as the conversation revealed, were trained by AQ in Pakistan, so a very real threat, nipped in the bud by excellent police work.

They largely received the same gaol sentences as they would have done had they carried out their atrocious deeds.

They took the decision to arrest them before any atrocities took place.

I believe there are many others planning similar events in the world but mainly the Western part, and it's about time the Muslim Communities gave them up.

The problem for us here, is that they are sometimes radicalised in the Mosques by Jihadist clerics. A further complication is that many thousands here regularly "go home" to visit family in Pakistan, and for most, it's quite an innocent journey.

There are thousands of so-called "Indian" restaurants in the UK employing 100's of thousands of people. In reality, the staff are mainly from Pakistan or Bangladesh.

This is what faces us and as I said, time for the Moslem communities to give them up, not plead sympathy after an event.

Please, no hate mail.

Thanks.

Late edit. From the conversation it appears that they were willing to accept collateral damage to the local mosque and this confirms the complexity of the problem. Perhaps it's Sunni/Shia issues too.

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
But, didn't virtually all cars back in that era look like square boxes sitting atop a rectangular raft, Randy? (E.g.: I owned both a '78 and '80 Malibu. Both fit that discription to a "T".)

True about the boxes.. But there were some boxes that had more pleasing sharp lines than the others... LOL

The automotive marketplace had a lot of identity problems from the mid 70s though the late 80s..

It wasn't until about 1988 that they started actually paying attention to real honest styling and aerodynamics again. Prior to that they were spending all their budget dollars trying to get emissions down by implementing EFI using electronics that we wouldn't trust to control a toaster oven today..

Remember the 5 MPH bumpers? I knew you would.. LOL

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Yeah - dislocated is right....
:laugh:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 178
Remember the 5 MPH bumpers? I knew you would.. LOL

Remember 5mph bumpers!!!!

Thanks to you lot over there we had to go from beautiful chrome bumpers to ugly rubber carbuncles on the face of an old friend.

Of course being British we just jacked the car up on its suspension to get the bumpers to the required height. Thereby ruining the handling, which didn’t matter to US customers as you don’t have corners ;)

Attachments

• chrome.bmp
    148 KB · Views: 175
  • rubber.bmp
    147.7 KB · Views: 160

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Received an email today containing the following LTE supposedly written by a 21 yr old female. It's her future she's worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she's being forced to live in. These solutions are just common sense in her opinion...and most work for me as well:

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX , Nov 18, 2011

"PUT ME IN CHARGE . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks (as a matter of fact I have!)? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good.."

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov't welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job."

How much hate mail do you suppose she's received?

Hellman's Mayonnaise

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was
manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars
of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was
to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New
York . This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise
ever delivered to Mexico . But as we know, the great ship did not make
it to New York . The ship hit an iceberg and sank. The people of
Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its
delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great,
that they declared a National Day of Mourning.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known,
of course, as –

Sinko De Mayo.

Apparently their is not, and has never been any organisation or brotherhood, called Al-Qeada. So who exactly are we supposed to be fighting?

Keith

More on the North Korean Crisis..

Below, the REAL reason France surrendered - the opposition has too many war heroes.. :shifty:

Since this is an anything thread....

My favorite three condiments are: bacon, cheese and boobs.... You put/mix any of those three things with food and the food is automatically better!

Keith

Hmmm I thought condiments went in small pots and stuff. Would like to see a table boob shaker though!

So you wouldn't like your wife or girlfriend to bring you a bacon cheeseburger while wearing lingerie? Tell me that wouldn't be a gosh darn good meal... ;-)

Keith

It's probably a question of semantics here, but how would I fit such a person in a cheeseburger, and wouldn't the lingerie get stuck in my teeth?

Back