American Ambassador killed in Libya

But that's my point Tom, I don't think they're all daft, and that's why I doubt they would launch a first strike for that very reason. Israel would not need tacit US assistance to counter that threat - only if it became a boots on the ground issue.

And you're right, Israel has far more determination to exist and defend itself than any other nation on the planet and the capability and the neighbouring states know this.

I'm wondering why anyone would think that Iran will nuke Israel at the first opportunity. The more likely scenario (and one that has almost worked in the past) is provocation, and we all know Iran are good at that...

Given this, I am wondering why the USA stays as close as it does to Israel, because they are well able to fend for themselves.

I think that 95% of the people in Iran are the same good people that we were friends with when the Shah was in power. I also think that Ahmadinejad and the Supreme Leader Ayatollah are more than a little over the edge, and they have the ability to do something extemely stupid.

Since Americans who rely on the American mainstream media won't be seeing this kind of information, I'd like to thank the British Press, for the umpteenth time, for making this kind of information available.

" Bloody hand prints, stolen documents and shocking security failings: Harrowing pictures inside crumbling U.S. consulate in Benghazi after attacks that left ambassador and three others dead
Dramatic images of bloody hand prints and crumbling buildings capture horror of Tuesday's attack on U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, which fell on 11th anniversary of 9/11 terrorist attacks
Sensitive documents have gone missing from compound, including names of Libyans working with Americans
Libyan officials say four men now in custody in relation to attack
Landlord of building says there were 400 rioters and attack could not be prevented"

Read more: Benghazi attack: U.S. consulate pictured after Libyan attack as it's revealed officials 'knew about attack plans 48 HOURS before' | Mail Online

This entire incident of "the video" causing all the unrest in the Muslim world is a bit like an alcoholic looking for a reason to drink, "any excuse will do".

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Tom, I Totally agree. Not Libya, not London, but the streets of Sydney today
Aussies will not stand for this!

Attachments

• 762597-protest-turns-violent.jpg
    762597-protest-turns-violent.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 191

Keith

Being mischevious Pete..

Riot cops without riot gear?

Whatever next...

Are you sure they're not sharing tips on breakdancing?

Why wouldn't Aussies stand for it? They seem to have accepted quite a lot of unacceptable crap thus far, like we have. We always look up to the Aussies to tell it like it is, unlike us shandy drinkers, but lately the silence from the Billabongs has been deafening. Is it all down to the Jooliar effect?

Have Oz gone all PC on us?

We need to be told.... :blank:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Being mischevious Pete..

Riot cops without riot gear?

Whatever next...

Are you sure they're not sharing tips on breakdancing?

Why wouldn't Aussies stand for it? They seem to have accepted quite a lot of unacceptable crap thus far, like we have. We always look up to the Aussies to tell it like it is, unlike us shandy drinkers, but lately the silence from the Billabongs has been deafening. Is it all down to the Jooliar effect?

Have Oz gone all PC on us?

We need to be told.... :blank:

Juliar is totally PC, She will not survive the next election. We are not used to that sort of violence here, hence no riot gear. The cops were there for crowd control of a "peaceful" protest. The boys in riot gear turned up later.

The Muslim community in Sydney have just done themselves a huge dis-service. We will not tolerate this sort of crap.

Juliar is totally PC, She will not survive the next election. We are not used to that sort of violence here, hence no riot gear. The cops were there for crowd control of a "peaceful" protest. The boys in riot gear turned up later.

The Muslim community in Sydney have just done themselves a huge dis-service. We will not tolerate this sort of crap.

Nor should any other country in the world tolerate it! It's like a spoiled child having a tantrum.

If those 28 Marines, who carried the 4 coffins for obama and hilary to pontificate over, had been used to protect those men when they were still alive, this would have been a different story,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, if they were allowed to carry live ammo, that is.

We make the mistake of thinking that Western ideas of civilized behavior should apply across all people in the Middle East. They don't.

The people of the ME have been fighting with each other for thousands of years. No Western country is going to fix that, no matter how much aid is given.

The bottom line is that the problems in the ME stem from basic economics....not enough jobs and productive opportunities for all people. Western symbols (the flag....) just become something to focus the frustration upon, that's all. It was the same thing in Ireland - the Irish thought the English were their problem (no doubt encouraged by Irish political wannabes), but the real problem was their economy was broken.

If you've traveled around countries like Libya or Iran or Iraq then you'll know that the vast majority of people are actually quite civilized, family focused, peace loving people....and not particularly anti-American. However, there is a small, but very vocal and visible contingent who are really quite violent and very anti-American. Of course, this latter group gets all the media attention so to many Americans it looks like the whole country is rioting and violent and anti-American. It just isn't like that. Trouble is, the governments in these countries aren't unified and strong enough to have a Rule of Law that consistently works...so these hillbillies with guns run around and create havoc.

Once the oil runs out in the region then the whole place will be much less important on the World stage. Which might just be the best thing for many of the people of the ME. The oil money provides the incentive, and the means, for nut jobs to want to come to power and flex their muscle. Why do you think nobody gives a crap about who's in power in Ethiopia? Given the degree of starvation and human rights violations in Ethiopia we SHOULD care, but control of oil just ranks a whole lot higher in grand scheme of things.

The wild card in the mix.....and the thing that makes it difficult for America to step away from the ME is the possibility of nuke technology getting in the hands of the crazies. If nukes get into the hands of certain crazies in the ME then we're ALL in BIG trouble.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
A proud Mother and her son yesterday in Sydney. What hope do we have?
What really gets up my nose is that these Muslim people have been allowed to immigrate here because of our charity as a Nation towards them. To give them a chance in life and they act like this. Bastards!

Attachments

• 786997-protest-involves-children.jpg
    786997-protest-involves-children.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 190
and the weirdest part is, that Mohammed isn't even their GOD...
its more like the Devil when you know his past, but those extremist adore him like if he is/was a GOD...

If I was Australia (or any other country) I put all those who demonstrate about something like that...in a boat back to the land were their roots (some extreme muslim country) are.

also give a ban on all those dangerous or could be dangerous religions.

I stop now, before I'm going to speak out what I think more of those idiot extremist and those "leaders/imams" who feed them with poisoned lessons already at early age.

What really gets up my nose is that these Muslim people have been allowed to immigrate here because of our charity as a Nation towards them. To give them a chance in life and they act like this. Bastards!

That is indeed very sad Pete. What kind of parent puts such a sign in their child's hands? What could possibly be going through their head to think that's an acceptable thing to do.

It's totally beyond me.

That is indeed very sad Pete. What kind of parent puts such a sign in their child's hands? What could possibly be going through their head to think that's an acceptable thing to do.

It's totally beyond me.

Dark ages thinking in the hands of a child. And as a women, the mother will have to walk a few steps behind him when he gets older. Great start for a new generation.

Keith

I would not be too hasty to condemn her or her child. In my experience women (and especially children) are not particularly militant in this oppressive culture, in fact I would think she is probably allowed no view of her own full stop.

I suspect The Hand of a Man is behind it and violence would be her (and the child's) reward for non compliance.

Whatever, it is disgraceful behaviour by our standards which they clearly do not respect one bit.

Perhaps it is time for the ignore policy from the western media? No media exposure, no voice. A guy can at least hope that in that event, these MOFO's will skulk back to the caves from whence they came.

Perhaps it is time for the ignore policy from the western media? No media exposure, no voice. A guy can at least hope that in that event, these MOFO's will skulk back to the caves from whence they came.
Western media ignore? It's "dirty laundry" and violence, it's what the media lives for!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Western media ignore? It's "dirty laundry" and violence, it's what the media lives for!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46bBWBG9r2o"]Don Henley - Dirty Laundry (Studio Version) - YouTube[/ame]

I couldn't agree more with all the sabre-rattling here....well, I could agree more, but that would make me a "...radical conservative", wouldn't it :stunned: ?

For the longest time I thought we ought to just exterminate them...use our might for the benefit of the world.

Now, I think we ought to just abandon them...let them use what might they have for the benefit of the world.

At the risk of sounding like an isolationist, I agree with a lot of the sentiment being expressed here to the effect that we will never, ever, no matter how many lives we expend, nor how much wealth, be able to make a whit of difference in what goes on in the ME. Bring our boys home to their respective countries, where they will probably be VERY willing to confront the lady taking that photo of her son holding the sign, as well as her husband who is standing behind her taking the photo.

There's a fine line to be drawn, though...I sympathize with the friends and families of 6 Sikh (I bet I misspelled that one!) worshipers who were murdered by an American skinhead just because they wore turbans to their mosque to worship. My suggestion would be to require every ME intended "immigrant" to our countries to complete a lengthy "quarantine", so to speak, in order to give our governments time to observe them and make sure they don't harbor any anti-American tendencies....we make parrots who enter the U.S. be quarantined, why not other dangerous life-forms?

The day of the "melting pot" is over, in my eyes....don't want the rest of the world bringing their hate here, we seem to have enough to go around among ourselves....sadly :sad: .

Abandon them to their own devices....let them have their oil, I can learn to live without it...put up a wall to keep them out...give them not a penny of aid...even if we do all those things, they will find a way, honestly, to foment their hate and will attempt to injure and kill us who have a different lifestyle.

Hate...it's just what they do, let them hate among themselves and leave us alone....but, to do that, we have to leave them alone.....:thumbsup:

Doug

Agreed. Even I could learn to love an electric car if the trade-off was sending the ME back to their tents.

We have three hundred years of oil in the ground that we know of. Use it. Flood the world with cheap oil and see how long the funding of terrorists lasts.

Back