AN EVENING OF INDOOR GO CART RACING

44 now signed up. I think we better call it a day on Numbers now other wise it will be like Friday night on the M25 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Max you are number 44.

Malcolm

Supporter
David, Can you weather forecast this one in regards to night time temps? It is going to be cold is my guess!

TONIGHT - pub meal beforehand?

What time are people goign to Andover for the karting? I have to be near Heathrow for between 5 & 6 to drop some stuff off, but after that I will hanging around/finding somewhere to eat.

If anyone knows of somewhere and fancies having a bite to eat before hand, give me a ring this afternoon on 078130 40002 (if I don't answer, I'm not ignoring you, its just I have the worst ring volume in the world).

Brett

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Re: Karting

Ian,
Thank you.
Best fun I've had (with my clothes on) in ages. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Same again in 2005? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Dave M

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter

Ian

I'll second Dave's thoughts - great evening and well organised.Fantastic fun and a great bunch of people.
Thanks again for all your hard work and input.

For those who did not attend we ended up running 11 teams of 4 each. 10 M min practice and then a 90 min endurance with driver swops at the team's discretion. Our team holds the record - most time in the "sin bin" but overall the evening wasgreat fun

Thanks
Ian

Brian Magee

Supporter

Ian
A fantastic evening, great company and great fun. Lets do it again sometime. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brian.

Thanks for the kind words chaps, most appreciated.. yes it was great fun with a nice bunch of people> I think that not choosing the teams until on the night made it even better because you did not have the senario of them and us type teams, it was also good that every one mixed, even if they had not met before the night.
For me our team coming last did not matter, only trying to explain to our teams No.1 driver that it was an indurance race not a destruction derby. (to much time spent in the sin-bin) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Racing was very close with the winning team winning by a margin of 16 seconds after 90 minutes of racing ( shades of the 1969 Le-Mans finish).
What made it even worse for me was that my son was on the winning team, and on the journey home Stuart suggested that my performance on the night was shite, and it was perhaps time to insure him for the Forty !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
No doubt Dave will give a full report on the evening in due course.
Oh well here's to the next one, names please, maybe Febuary 2005 ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Regards
Ian
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

February? It's OK for you younger guys, but at my age I need time to heal. I needed a 2 hour session on Friday with the chiropracter then the Physio to stand up straight and try to walk properly again.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ian,

Couldn't have been better organised - except for our team coming in nineth! Definitely up for another go this winter. About the write up, does anyone have some more pictures please, send them to [email protected].

I have to agree, well done Ian

Attachments

• 47520-Dsc01309a.jpg
    47520-Dsc01309a.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 290
Back