Another first...Australia

This should go on record as the first case of current drift as opposed to thread drift holding up progress on a build.
Time to live up to that 'Flat Chat' moniker & complete it in quick time!

Jac Mac

Hey Flatchat
I demand to see more pics of your build!:p:

Whats going on?? How is she coming togethor??
To much quiet means you're a busy Boy but please lets see what your up too. Pics Pics Pics Pics!!!!!.

Or just an update would be nice.:)

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Not much to report -- still collecting all the goodies and waiting for the Kinsler ram tube throttle bodies that Fran promised me:D to go on top of this little beautie. Hope to be racing next April -- a small delay has occured, due, to being tricked into a bag boy job in a Europe trip next month for xmas in Ireland:mad:

Attachments

• Lola ls6 002.jpg
    Lola ls6 002.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 868
Still waiting for some crucial parts or sketches from RCR ---that were supposedly sent a couple months ago ??

Heck, is that who they were for, I found them washed up on a beach down south, came in real handy after I adjusted them to suit my car!:)

Jac Mac

Cheeky b*stard....boomsmile

Would these be the parts that you said you didn't need when you ordered your car.???...:D

Last edited:

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Jac you "Chev" cheeky "Porsche" (swear words):rolleyes: give 'em back-- they were supposed to come to me first and when they're worn out then you can have them:D

Fran- I can't remember saying "don't send the steering arms" ( I naturally thought that they would've been part of the standard kit) --silly "Porsche" me;) or was that what the spare gearbox was for ??

Now where did that Aussie wind chime thingy go ?

Are you sure you did not attach them to the bottom of your rear uprights with that 5/8th rod end..??

Actually you did tell me not to send them as you would make them yourself....ooopps....:eek:..being Mr. Machinist and all...now where did I put that 01E adapter plate..hehe

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Fran- I can't remember saying "don't send the steering arms" ( I naturally thought that they would've been part of the standard kit) --silly "Porsche" me;) or was that what the spare gearbox was for ??

Now where did that Aussie wind chime thingy go ?

Chris, I think you may have mis-read the build manual. The first page clearly states, save the plastic wrapping, string and duct tape utilized to pack the car. These components are utilized in the build. If your car is purpose built for the street, please use the string for steeing arms. If it is purpose built for the track, use the string AND the duct tape for steering arms. Plastic wrapping has many uses. I hope this helps:)

And they had the nerve to call me a cheeky 'porsche#*^ Fer*ari so & so, Dont know how you get away with it Gregg, must be Fran's not so silent partner!!:)

Jac Mac

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Jac, I think Fran has my shares of stock next to Chris' 01E adapter plate, or did Chris get my stock and is being quiet about it?:)

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Gregg, were you responsible for the Lola build manual ??--- well, Ferrari !me,-- as a matter of fact, Rons pics and your advice has been very helpful so far--along with Jacs encouragement and albanys motivation.
More tha. . ... ... ..... ......... ............... ............. hmmmm.

Fran, can you just send me a pic of the steering in plan and elevation next to 12" rule and I'll figure it out from there, Please! ;) Ya Lambo Porsche sucker :D

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Chris, my apologies for the build manual. In drafting it I had to take into consideration the vast customers of RCR. So with that in mind, I dispatched the finest 6 year old I could find to write it and draw pictures of the step by step assembly. I believe this is the version that went to print. In an effort to speed up delivery of any parts you need, and not wanting to take a chance of shipping by boat again, I have personally dispatched two carrier pidgeons, from NY to RCR. When they arrive, Fran has been provided with detailed instructions of how much food and water the birds must carry to make the long journey to you with the steering arms. Let me know when they arrive. As an aside, have you been feeding the mice inside those gearboxes Fran shipped you??:)

Gregg....

Your finest 6 year old?.....I guess I should not ask what makes him your finest....

With pals like you making my life at RCR easier I feel truly blessed....

Please make sure that your birds are flu free as I would hate to hear that Chris has a real excuse for not finishing his build....instead of whinging about parts he was too cheap to order first time around...:lol:

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Gregg....

Your finest 6 year old?.....I guess I should not ask what makes him your finest....

With pals like you making my life at RCR easier I feel truly blessed....

Please make sure that your birds are flu free as I would hate to hear that Chris has a real excuse for not finishing his build....instead of whinging about parts he was too cheap to order first time around...:lol:

Flu free...... bugger. Sorry Chris, another delay. I might be able to catch two blind mole's but my guess with winter at our doorstep they have hibernated for the winter. Raccoons in abundance. Do you think they will work or shot upon entering the country for wearing masks?

Good Grief, What a jolly old gentlemans' club this is. Why don't we all have another cigar, a final glass of Johnny Walker, and toddle off to the workshop and DO SOME WORK (with pics, please).

Dalton

Back