Another R.C.R70 Mk3b

Kneel down ....then you can see it lower...

Wait until you try and load your monster in and out of a trailer with 2 inches of ground clearance...especially when you dont have an engine in the back.....

Be nice or I will make sure you only get 8 inch wheels for the back of your car....

Look at that big, gutsy exhaust system.!! Not your fiddly, knit one, pearl one, sort of inter-laced crossover system that some cars have.

Go on, drop the clutch at peak power.

Dalton

At 5'5' I don't need to kneel down to see it lower, I'm already shrimpy enough!

Really though as far as anyone can tell a color from a picture it's ''a nice-uh''. What specific/code is it?

I like the red with a white stripe.
06b.jpg

Johan. You could have picked the photo with me in it.....:)

Darren

Attachments

• 08bsmall.jpg
    08bsmall.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,004
You've dinged your car with the battery box handle as well I see. Those things always fall
over in the trailer.
So, what do you think of that car ? Looks great, even with the white door !
Here is yet another...
Mid-Ohio_10.jpg

I'm posting pictures of red with white stripe T70 3b's so that we can see how good they look with various livery nuances.
This is Peter Kitchak's SL76/162 , which he more or less named on his own I guess.
LolaT70PRK.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Johan
What is the caption for that last picture? It doesnt look like it's good.....

750hp? That's a nice start <LOL>
You know when a red car 'pops' out in a photo that the thing is BRIGHT red, what color is it Fran? Nice looking car too bad we can't see it about 3-4 inches lower

It will get lower full of stuff.
The wheels will get stolen when Mike Vick gets out.

Just kidding, oh, the last picture....
"I guess we left the tail in the driveway"
06b.jpg

Hi Johan

Doesn't Peter Kitchak also own the #60 Kewaydin car? Or is it the same machine with canards and some black around the headlight covers?

Richard, it is the same car. He grew tired of being asked if it was really the #2 Lola T70.
It is a VERY fast car, able to keep up with the big block McLarens. Peter is a great driver as well (read aggressive ).

So, what do you think of that car ? Looks great, even with the white door !

It's really a beautiful car, but I'd have to say that as I built it. First of the continuation cars out running last season, and ahd no teething probs at all. We did the restoration on SL76/151 a few years ago now. George was quite shocked at The LeMans Classic last year when he came upon the new car in the paddock. Quite a double take moment. But he did say the car looked great. And yep, still running that white door. Have seen more period pics of the car now and some also have a white roundel ahead of the door on the centre section. It is a never ending task tracking down these details..

Regards

Darren

Dyno sheet for the RCR70 MK3B......

6500 rpm...771.42hp.......4900rpm....661.74 ft/lbs......:eek:.....:burnout:

Attachments

• 1 copy.jpg
    1 copy.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 753

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
I could believe a 2L turbo on methanol.

Don't know much about the SB2's other then it seems to make a lot power at a reasonable RPM for this configuration. The 15:1 compression and eye tearing fuel likely keep things happy for a run or two ;-)

Sandy

Keith

2L with a Turbo....

Its actually an SB2...

What displacement Fran?

2l with turbo isn't such an insane suggestion either. Remember the IMSA Mustangs with 800hp turbo Pintos? They were runnning stock bottom ends as I recall...

Was scratching my head over the ign timing & fuel pressure, then went back to original posts to see 'alcohol & 15/1'. ------'I cant see clearly now!!!'

Jac Mac

Back