Anyone in Northern Virginia

Taking delivery tomorrow of my CAV GT40. Would love to meet some GT40 family. Any cars & coffe or gathering place for these babies?

Dino

Jim Dewar

Supporter
Welcome Dino,
I live near Durham NC and own a RF. We should plan a trip this summer to the Blue Ridge Parkway for GT40 owners.

Taking delivery tomorrow of my CAV GT40. Would love to meet some GT40 family. Any cars & coffe or gathering place for these babies?

Dino

The local Cobra club meets every Saturday morning at the Vienna Inn in Vienna at around 8:00. Howard B is building an RCR 40 and usually attends. Lots of Ford enthusiasm.

A larger, traditional Cars & Coffee is also held at the Old Brogue in Great Falls, VA, every Saturday morning- usually 7:30-9:00 or so. Wide variety of cars from Alfas to Zagatos. We even had a real GT40 there once (owned by a local hotel magnate).

PM me if you have questions, etc.

-Will

I'm in northen Va. The car meet in Great Falls is a great time with a better variety of cars than one would expect. The meet starts at 7:00 and the lot fills up fast. I've seen the real GT40 mentioned, but not at that meet. Congratulations on the CAV and hope to see you sometime at the Great Falls meet. I'd go this Saturday, but am heading to Carlisle instead.

Jonathan

Thanks for the heads up! I have been to Katies and love it. I will take the car up ther ein the next few weeks.

I do not have an owners manual and am in desperate need for one, in particular I do not know the particulars about how to operate the AC. The switch has (2) positions and I do not know the purpose for both . I assume that switching it down once is to turn it on but what is the next down position for. I also do not know what the turn knob with the line on it is for that is attached to the round AC control knob. I was using the ac today and the windows had alot of condensation on them and the inside temperature really never got cold.

Do you know where I can order an owners manual?

Thanks!

Dino

Dino,
I haven't been to Katie's yet this year, but plan to this coming Saturday. I will keep an eye out for your GT40.

Back