Aussie supercharged coyote V8

Cam, I would not hold your breath on FPV making supercharged Coyote crate engines available, it will never happen. It would be nice if they did, fair power from a Ford engine that would be compliant, but it will not happen. We have to wait for cars to die! Maybe RF have exclusive access to crate coyotes for their customers, wouldn't that be cool for them!

I would like to fit a supercharged Ford engine to my RCR that is emissions compliant but they don't really develop as much cheap horsepower as an LS engine. Yes the LS is pretty basic but it generates good power. But to have a Ford engine in a Ford is of some merit.

I have not 100% locked into an LS yet in my RCR so if you hear of any options for good emissions compliant supercharged Ford power post it here, I would love to get some!

Jason,

Have you talked to Bobski on this forum? His GT40 has a supercharged Ford, is street registered as he likes to drive it to the races, and is developing 693 HP at the rear wheels. Quite quick when it weighs 1254 kg wet, including air conditioning, fuel, etc., ready to drive on the road. I'm sure it wasn't running this boost level when it did the emission tests, but it shows what can be achieved with a Ford.

Attachments

• IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 364
I will try to make contact with him but it is turbocharged, not supercharged. Although his post comment "the emmission testing took almost six months to pass and the car" makes me worry a little. I'm getting old and want to drive the car while I still can!

Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
My bad, Jason, I had in mind it was supercharged. Although the variable boost knob should have reminded me.
Fully agree with the age thing. I may only have a few good driving years left.

Here are some pictures I took of the Aussie Supercharged Coyote the other day. Looks pretty big when its not in the car, but if Fran says the standard one fits in an RCR the supercharged one should as well. Would possibly mate directly to my Ricardo transaxle. Tempting but would be very pricey if they were available off the shelf, which they are not, unless you know people or development partners I guess.

PA280107.jpg

PA280106.jpg

PA280105.jpg

PA280110.jpg

Back