B.O. Supports Mosque near ground zero.

Sorry Al can't agree.

A murder is a murder it dosn't matter if it is 1 or 300k it's still murder.

And you're somehow comparing this guy Jones in Florida with an iman that wants to smuggle 4 lbs of antrax through the Mexican border to kill 300k+ Americans. You've established that Jones is a murderer. I don't see your logic or how you arrived at it.

Last edited:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Don't ya just love it when both sides of a disagreement are right?

Nick, you have a good point.....being a murderer is sorta like being pregnant, either you are or you are not.

Al, you're right, it's not all either black or white, there are shades of grey. I doubt that many of us would feel Goran VanDerSloot is anywhere near the villain that was Adolf Hitler.

To my perception, this is like a saying my dad used regularly....."there's no such thing as the good end of a shovel".

Anyone who would kill another human, except in self defense, is a soul-less spirit, but there must be a special place in hell for someone who wants to kill 300K Americans, or between 11 and 17 million European Jews (or, for that matter, or 2,996 individuals, including the nineteen 9/11 hijackers).

......sorta like Pete said once, something about picking up a turd by the clean end :thumbsup: :shocked:

Doug

And you're somehow comparing this guy Jones in Florida with an iman that wants to smuggle 4 lbs of antrax through the Mexican border to kill 300k+ Americans. You've established that Jones is a murderer. I don't see your logic or how you arrived at it.

Al,

I never established Jones or the Imam were murderers, I just wanted to point out both their actions could incite murder and they have both terrorised parts of the population.

Ergo it could be argued they are both terrorists and as Doug says we are both right,

Except of course I am more right than you, OJ

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
"YOU MAY BE MUSLIM IF..."

1. You refine heroin for a living, but you have moral objection to liquor.

2. You own a $3,000 machine gun and a $5,000 rocket launcher, but you can't afford shoes.

3. You have more wives than teeth.

4. You wipe your butt with your bare hand, but consider bacon "unclean."

5. You think vests come in two styles: bullet-proof and suicide.

6. You can't think of anyone you haven't declared Jihad against.

7. You consider television dangerous, but routinely carry explosives in your clothing.

8. You were amazed to discover that cell phones have uses other than setting off roadside bombs.

9. You have nothing against women and think every man should own at least four.

10. You've always had a crush on your neighbor's goat.

Al,

I never established Jones or the Imam were murderers, I just wanted to point out both their actions could incite murder and they have both terrorised parts of the population.

Ergo it could be argued they are both terrorists and as Doug says we are both right,

Except of course I am more right than you, OJ

Nick, You not bothered or enraged by an iman that is trying to compel followers to take 4 lbs of anthrax into the US to kill thousands, but some yokel rev seeking publicity raises your blood pressure? Strange sense of values.

"YOU MAY BE MUSLIM IF..."

1. You refine heroin for a living, but you have moral objection to liquor.

2. You own a $3,000 machine gun and a $5,000 rocket launcher, but you can't afford shoes.

3. You have more wives than teeth.

4. You wipe your butt with your bare hand, but consider bacon "unclean."

5. You think vests come in two styles: bullet-proof and suicide.

6. You can't think of anyone you haven't declared Jihad against.

7. You consider television dangerous, but routinely carry explosives in your clothing.

8. You were amazed to discover that cell phones have uses other than setting off roadside bombs.

9. You have nothing against women and think every man should own at least four.

10. You've always had a crush on your neighbor's goat.
Pete, Funny stuff, careful it may be construed as being politically incorrect by some in this crowd without a sense of humor.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Nick, You not bothered or enraged by an iman that is trying to compel followers to take 4 lbs of anthrax into the US to kill thousands, but some yokel rev seeking publicity raises your blood pressure? Strange sense of values.

Al, I see a parallel here.....each of these individuals is doing the same thing. The Imam who wants his followers to bring the anthrax into the U.S. to kill 3K of us Americans is enticing that action. The Florida rev who wants to burn the Quorans would, IMHO, be enticing murderous action, too. I could imagine that the action of that Florida rev might well result in as many casualties as the Imam who is enticing others to bring in Anthrax......in fact, on 9/11/01 a terrorist organization DID cause almost 3K deaths with their "enticed" acts, so this is not just possibility, it is history. According to Osamma Bin Laden the 9/11 attack was retaliation, so it is not unbelievable that the acts of the Florida rev could bring about yet other acts of retaliation that would result in a similar death count.

Again, you are both right, we don't need either of these antagonists!

Cheers from Doug!!

Al, I see a parallel here.....each of these individuals is doing the same thing. The Imam who wants his followers to bring the anthrax into the U.S. to kill 3K of us Americans is enticing that action. The Florida rev who wants to burn the Quorans would, IMHO, be enticing murderous action, too. I could imagine that the action of that Florida rev might well result in as many casualties as the Imam who is enticing others to bring in Anthrax......in fact, on 9/11/01 a terrorist organization DID cause almost 3K deaths with their "enticed" acts, so this is not just possibility, it is history. According to Osamma Bin Laden the 9/11 attack was retaliation, so it is not unbelievable that the acts of the Florida rev could bring about yet other acts of retaliation that would result in a similar death count.

Again, you are both right, we don't need either of these antagonists!

Cheers from Doug!!

The yokel rev presents nowhere near the danger that the iman with hundreds of thousands of zealot followers world wide does. Not even in the same ballpark!

Keith

The yokel rev presents nowhere near the danger that the iman with hundreds of thousands of zealot followers world wide does. Not even in the same ballpark!

And, had he burned it? In front of the World media? What then do you think would have happened?

An outraged Islamic tut tut or an excuse for further violence by even those previously moderate?

A book is a deadly weapon in the wrong hands.

"Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings. ~Heinrich Heine, Almansor, 1823"

Doug's dead right, we don't need either of them, so I suggest we lock them in the same cell.

And, had he burned it? In front of the World media? What then do you think would have happened?

An outraged Islamic tut tut or an excuse for further violence by even those previously moderate?

A book is a deadly weapon in the wrong hands.

"Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings. ~Heinrich Heine, Almansor, 1823"

Doug's dead right, we don't need either of them, so I suggest we lock them in the same cell.

So you agree with the threat? If you burned a Bible, probably wouldn't make the news. But a cartoon, a passage in a book, or the threat of burning the quran? Barbarism comes out of the walls!

Just a few of the "peaceful' islamic groups. Nothing to worry about though.

Al Qaeda
Armed Islamic Group
Salafist Group for Call and Combat and the Armed Islamic Group
Egyptian Islamic Jihad (Egypt)
Al-Gama’a al-Islamiyya
Jamaat Islamiyya
The Libyan Islamic Fighting Group
Bayt al-Imam (Jordan)
Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jaish-e-Muhammad (Kashmir)
Asbat al Ansar
Hezbollah (Lebanon)
Al-Badar
Harakat ul Ansar/Mujahadeen
Al-Hadith
Harakat ul Jihad
Jaish Mohammed - JEM
Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam
Jamiat-ul-Ulema-e-Pakistan
Laskar e-Toiba - LET
Moro Islamic Liberation Front (the Philippines)
Abu Sayyaf Group (Malaysia, Philippines)
Al-Ittihad Al Islamiya - AIAI (Somalia)
Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan
Islamic Army of Aden (Yemen)

"Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence.

* Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because

like my friend from Germany, they will awaken one day and find that the

fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.

* Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs,

Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many

others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was

too late. As for us who watch it all unfold, we must pay attention to the

only group that counts--the fanatics who threaten our way of life".

So let's just sit around and see what happens!

"What me worry" Alfred E Newman

Keith

2010-09-08.jpg

Al,

You seem to have miss read my posts, all terrorists raise my blood pressure. sorry to repeat myself, from my previous post not sure how you concluded I was not enraged by the iman:-

"I never established Jones or the Imam were murderers, I just wanted to point out both their actions could incite murder and they have both terrorised parts of the population.

Ergo it could be argued they are both terrorists"

Again from a previous post it appears I am not the only one who has his blood pressure raised by a yokel rev, and I assume you believe have strange sense of values.

The Vatican issued a statement calling the planned incineration "outrageous and grave".

The US Defence Secretary, Robert Gates, said that he fully supported the message released this week by his commander in Afghanistan, General David Petraeus, arguing that torching the Korans would worsen tensions between Islamic countries and the West and endanger US soldiers on the ground.

Gen. David Petraeus warned in an e-mail to The Associated Press that "images of the burning of a Quran would undoubtedly be used by extremists in Afghanistan - and around the world - to inflame public opinion and incite violence."

I accept my opinion doesn't really count for anything but there are many military leaders who are adamant that this rev should not go ahead with his book burning as it will cost the lives of service personnel.

So, not that you need permission, but by all means ignore me, please listen to them, they know more about the subject than you or I.

Last edited:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Al,
Gen. David Petraeus warned in an e-mail to The Associated Press that "images of the burning of a Quran would undoubtedly be used by extremists in Afghanistan - and around the world - to inflame public opinion and incite violence."

Good to see you and I agree again, Nick!

I wonder why the opposite doesn't ever seem to be true.....the news programs have been full of Muslims burning the Stars 'n' Stripes, but I guess we Americans aren't entitled to feel incensed regarding the frenzied desecration of the symbol of our country.

Hell, we can even burn the U.S. flag here in our own country, the Supreme Court says it is protected "free speech".....no wonder we don't get upset when angry Muslims do it halfway around the world.

Post just one political cartoon that angers them, though, and they put the artist on a "death list" and he has to hide out for a decade.....can't remember his name, but he was Brittish. And, not only that, but they will use it to entice their own radical element into suicide missions against the U.S........all over a political cartoon.

Who woulda thunk?????

Cheers from Doug!!

Good to see you and I agree again, Nick!

I wonder why the opposite doesn't ever seem to be true.....the news programs have been full of Muslims burning the Stars 'n' Stripes, but I guess we Americans aren't entitled to feel incensed regarding the frenzied desecration of the symbol of our country.

Hell, we can even burn the U.S. flag here in our own country, the Supreme Court says it is protected "free speech".....no wonder we don't get upset when angry Muslims do it halfway around the world.

Post just one political cartoon that angers them, though, and they put the artist on a "death list" and he has to hide out for a decade.....can't remember his name, but he was Brittish. And, not only that, but they will use it to entice their own radical element into suicide missions against the U.S........all over a political cartoon.

Who woulda thunk?????

Cheers from Doug!!

This is exactly what I'm saying. We allow our flag to be burned, journalist to be beheaded, and other atrocities, while we walk on eggshells for fear of what we do or say will offend the muslims. A sad commentary on the future of the US. But we will go down as being politically correct! Yahoo!

Keith

I don't intend it to say anything except what it says.

Try reversing the roles and change just two words.

Back