B.O. Supports Mosque near ground zero.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
I burned some pork sausages and bacon, in protest.
Does that count ?
This year i'm thinking about converting to Islam.
How would fried onions look with the sausages ?
But seriously ......

A worthwhile read!

Dr. Emanuel Tanay
Subject: German View of Islam

This is by far the best explanation of the Muslim terrorist situation I have

ever read.

Dr. Emanuel Tanay, a well-known and

well-respected psychiatrist.

A German's View on Islam

like my friend from Germany, they will awaken one day and find that the

fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.

* , and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was

too late.

Dear Dr. Tanay,

You say many have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up.

The BBC news tonight reported on some of the peaceful Muslim majority in Afghanistan. "speaking up" and standing in the elections despite, the constant threat of death from the Taliban purely for doing so.

As pointed out by the BBC, many of the peaceful majority have been threatoned, killed and will be killed because they are either standing or voting in an election.

"Afghans are set to vote in the country's second parliamentary polls on September 18, when around 2,500 candidates will contest the 249 seats in the lower house of parliament, the Wolesi Jirga.

Many others working on the elections have been attacked and kidnapped, with women candidates said to be the most vulnerable to intimidation and threats."

Last edited:
Dear Dr. Tanay,

You say many have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up.

The BBC news tonight reported on some of the peaceful Muslim majority in Afghanistan. "speaking up" and standing in the elections despite, the constant threat of death from the Taliban purely for doing so.

As pointed out by the BBC, many of the peaceful majority have been threatoned, killed and will be killed because they are either standing or voting in an election.

"Afghans are set to vote in the country's second parliamentary polls on September 18, when around 2,500 candidates will contest the 249 seats in the lower house of parliament, the Wolesi Jirga.

Many others working on the elections have been attacked and kidnapped, with women candidates said to be the most vulnerable to intimidation and threats."

I surely hope they do well!

As General Henning Von Tresckow so eloquently put it: "The worth of a man is certain only if he is prepared to sacrifice his life for his convictions".

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><o:p><FONT face=
I Know, I know, some of you detest Gingrich, but I for one think he is on the money with this.</o:p>
> Statement on the Proposed “Cordoba House” Mosque near Ground Zero

Newt Gingrich

July 21, 2010 6pm
There should be no mosque near Ground Zero in New York so long as there are no churches or synagogues in Saudi Arabia . The time for double standards that allow Islamists to behave aggressively toward us while they demand our weakness and submission is over.
The proposed "Cordoba House" overlooking the World Trade Center site – where a group of jihadists killed over 3000 Americans and destroyed one of our most famous landmarks - is a test of the timidity, passivity and historic ignorance of American elites. For example, most of them don’t understand that “Cordoba House” is a deliberately insulting term. It refers to Cordoba , Spain – the capital of Muslim conquerors who symbolized their victory over the Christian Spaniards by transforming a church there into the world’s third-largest mosque
complex.

Today, some of the Mosque’s backers insist this term is being used to "symbolize interfaith cooperation" when, in fact, every Islamist in the world recognizes Cordoba as a symbol of Islamic conquest. It is a sign of their contempt for Americans and their confidence in our
historic ignorance that they would deliberately insult us this way. Those Islamists and their apologists who argue for "religious toleration" are arrogantly dishonest. They ignore the fact that more than 100 mosques already exist in New York City . Meanwhile, there are no churches or synagogues in all of Saudi Arabia . In fact no Christian or Jew can even enter Mecca . And they lecture us about tolerance.

> If the people behind the Cordoba House were serious about religious toleration, they would be imploring the Saudis, as fellow Muslims, to immediately open up Mecca to all and immediately announce their intention to allow non-Muslim houses of worship in the Kingdom. They should be asked by the news media if they would be willing to lead such a campaign.

> We have not been able to rebuild the World Trade Center in nine years. Now we are being told a 13 story, $100 million mega mosque will be built within a year overlooking the site of the most devastating surprise attack in American history.

Finally where is the money coming from? The people behind the Cordoba House refuse to reveal all their funding sources. America is experiencing an Islamist cultural-political offensive designed to undermine and destroy our civilization. Sadly, too many of our elites are the willing apologists for those who would destroy them if they could.
> No mosque.
> No self deception.
> No surrender.
> The time to take a stand is now - at this site on this issue.

Pete, That's the way it should be, unfortunately too many think that ass kissing is the way too solve this. Muslims don't respect passivity, but they expect that we will be passive because of political correctness. Who is the butthead that started that?

Pete, That's the way it should be, unfortunately too many think that ass kissing is the way too solve this. Muslims don't respect passivity, but they expect that we will be passive because of political correctness. Who is the butthead that started that?

Al.

This guy perhaps :-

Mathew 5.9 New living Translation 2007

"God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God."

Al.

This guy perhaps :-

Mathew 5.9 New living Translation 2007

"God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God."

Sorry, I don't really subscribe to that belief. Being the "chosen people" hasn't worked out real great for the Jews. God has a strange sense of humor. Religion is where all this hate and killing starts.

Last edited:
Ok, I can't sit on the fence anymore.

I ain't Left wing, I ain't Right wing, nor am I a Liberal, so don't try to label me. If I am anything, then I'm a member of the Common Sense party (which unfortunately doesn't exist).

On the issue of the mosque, I have to agree with the piece by Pete (although I don't wholly agree with it).

I am an atheist as well as many other things, which gives me the right to form an opinion on ALL religions regardless of any faith leanings of my own.

Common sense should dictate that tolerance is a two way street in most facets of life, including religion. This leads me to feel that double standards are most definitely at work here. There are many places in the world where religious freedom is limited to that which is sanctioned by the (state, church, Royal Family...insert whichever you choose). These places are fundamentally regressive in nature and do NOT follow the enlightened trend of development / science / human rights etc...Unfortunately, most of these places are now under Islamic rule.

I feel that the placing of ANOTHER mosque in New York, by the site of Ground Zero is indeed foolish at best and extremely devisive at worst. I watched the piece of footage from Paris that Pete kindly put on here and I was shocked to say the least. France has long been the greatest exponent of separation of Church and State, moreso than the UK or the USA, and to see this makes my blood run cold. NO religion should ever prevent people from going about their daily lives in this way.

When I see a church in Arabia, then let's have a Mosque somewhere that is culturally significant to us, unitl then I'm against it. Tolerance really should only go so far, otherwise we will see a huge backlash at some stage, and a LOT more people will die...

Kinda weird for an atheist to go for more churches, but you get my point :)

Graham.

Keith

I am an atheist as well as many other things, which gives me the right to form an opinion on ALL religions regardless of any faith leanings of my own.

A good post Graham which flags up the basic fears of most (non) Muslims but I would take slight issue with your statement above, as I feel Atheism in it's broadest sense means that you reject the idea of a Deity full stop, so that state hardly qualifies you to be objective (or form an opinion) about something you believe does not exist, or as Wiki would have it:

Atheism, in a broad sense, is the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference"></sup> In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.<sup id="cite_ref-RoweRoutledge_1-0" class="reference"></sup> Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.

Therefore pray tell :)laugh:) what then are your "own faith leanings?" Are they presumably based on sanctity of the individual, personal rights & freedoms etc etc?

I'm not being critical or challenging - but having been brought up in a Church going family and having spent most of my life practising Agnosticism I am interested in peoples perception & interpretation of "faith" in whatever form, as I do believe we all need some kind of prop whatever tag you put on it, especially at this time.

From this "faith" (whatever it might be) comes the strength to resist the threat of having the right to have "your" faith, denied you.

You can sense the lack of willpower and the bewilderment of the people at this time, trying to counter something which they do not comprehend, because they have largely LOST faith in a concept, an idea, a community, a deity, a country, a people, a political system etc etc and what you are left with is a host of insecurity on the one hand, and those that would seek to redress this lack of faith by force of arms alone on the other.

And, in my opinion, the reason for that is, that speaking for ourselves in the UK, we have had a quiet revolution over the past 60 years coming from an all dominating World Power to a largely hedonistic & peaceful State and a major vacuum in between... and as you know, nature abhors a vacuum...

(Please guys lets not get into a jingoistic pissing contest here-I merely posit from factual history and care not who's toys are bigger etc)

Two points on the whole "If a church cannot be built in <insert name of Islamic country here>, then no more Mosques in <US, NYC, etc.>:

1) Again, one of the primary reasons for the founding of the USA was because of religious intolerance. At the time, there were many countries where certain religions were banned from open worship. To take the above stance is an affront to that core belief.

2) Qatar has a Christian church. The Vatican is in talks with Saudi Arabia (there are over 1,000,000 Christians in Saudi Arabia). There are Christian churches in Iran. Last I heard, there are no non-Christian religious centers in the Vatican - maybe there should be no more Christian churches until the Vatican allows a mosque or temple ...

Ian

Back