BDRGT#153 Build Gallery

here are some better pics of Columbus Square event .
ape.jpg

you are a lucky man to have both a Cobra and a GT40. Both cars look like a lot of fun. In fact it must drive you crazy having to choose which one to drive.

JW

thanks Jack , I do enjoy all the cars. It was an easy decision to drive the GT on Sunday. When we left Greenwich @ 6:30 AM it was about 45 degrees.Jay was freezing in the Cobra on the way down & I had the heat on in the GT.

Did a fall foliage run with Jay & the guys from Vintage-Motorsports Sunday. Awesome ride with back country roads & the leaves @ their peak . I was going to take the Cobra but it was about 40 degrees when we left. The GT heat was a welcome option. :cool:
aaa.jpg

stoped @ Al's steak & pizza in Goshen CT. There were 5 more Cobra's there to meet us & about 30 Bikes. Everyone was great & we had our on car & bike show :thumbsup:
aba.jpg

oh yeah we found an old fighter plane show also ! That is Bob's Cobra in front . I wasn't sure if the GT had enough clearance to venture across :huh:

Rick,have you had any handling or ground clearance issues yet?I ask this because the area you went through(rt 7 / rt 63 /rt 4) in the northwest hills has always been one of my favorites but a good test 'track' as well.A good prelude to Lime Rock.If you're going to see road-type problems with the car,that's where they'll show up. A.J. ps-love that picture of the AT-6.

Last edited:
Hey Al , yeah the old planes were so cool. I have not had any ground clearance issues at all . On the foilage run we had 4 or 5 stops in parking lots and things like that with no problem. The week before I was in the city for the Columbus Circle Run (concrete jungle) & it was fine even through some construction areas. According to the manual the GT has 5" ground clearance? Jay tells me that is more than my Cobra ? As far as the GT on the road it is amazing.We had some blasts on route 8 with 3 #'s on the speedo & the Cobra's had to brake on the turns & the GT is like on rails barley touching the wheel & she stops on a dime. CAV who builds the GT for BDR goes to great lengths to sound proof & make the cabin air tight so it is very comfortable .I'm surprised that there is very little engine noise also.We had the heat on in the morning & A/c on the way home.:thumbsup:

Like most of us...It seems you choose the garage/workshop attached to a place to sleep option. Spoiled for choice are you? Nice.

RMH,

Is that the airfield in Canaan?

Had I'd known I would have shown up.

I'm about an hour away, I know the area like the back of my hand.

I lived in Sharon for 10 years.

Sounds like it was a nice run!

Cheers,
Scott

Scott ,yeah it was. Keep it in mind for next year. We had such a great turn out the guy's from Vintage-motorsports are going to make it a yearly event. check out www.clubcobra.com & look under fall foilage run. There are lots of great pics.it would be nice to have another GT in the group.

Rick

very nice car and color, did you also see number 131 CAV? how he did the windows and lenses without headstock-nails? anyway very nice :thumbsup:

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Rick,

Pic of your garage in post above is great.

Like the floor.

What did you use or if you had done by who and product used?

Has it held up?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Steve P2125 in Boston

Back