Best thread of 2009

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
As someone that ACTUALLY did get a ticket for driving to slow, this guy was pushing it. Mine was a case of too much "luggage" and not enough HP. I had just been discharged from the AF in Feb. of '73 and was traveling the PA turnpike in my Corvair van with literally everything I owned (some 500 lps, 2 reel to reels, clothing and a spare 406 engine for my other car that was already here) and a mattress on top to sleep after a long day, I knew it was slow. Anyone that has driven the road knows it goes up and down and up and down...endlessly it seems, I would get up speed going down and down shift a gear to go up again. I got pulled over my a local constable that was running a speed(?) trap and there were few cars so he figured I was a prime target. He was even nice enough to drive me to the courthouse in town so I could pay my ticket right then...how thoughtful.

I got pulled over near Pendleton, OR once in my Austin Healy Sprite circa 1980 in the middle of nowhere with only the police car going the other direction. My ticket was for having my snow skis too far out the passenger window ~ they stuck out about 11 inches if I recall.

Back