Body Gel-Coat Colors

The red you showed in the pictures is gorgeous. Does it have a special name/designation or is it just "red".

Ron

For those that are wondering, here is both red and black gel coats, untouched. And yes, Im a pic whore!

P1010040.jpg

P1010003.jpg

022.jpg

Justin -Thanks for posting the red gelcoat. For posting the 1st picture on this thread 1st round's on me - bar-keep I'll take a glenlivet 3 fingers two cubes with a beer chaser.

For those that are wondering, here is both red and black gel coats, untouched. And yes, Im a pic whore!

P1010040.jpg

P1010003.jpg

022.jpg

For those that are wondering, here is both red and black gel coats, untouched.

Justin: Thanks for posting those pictures of gel-coat finish; that looks way, way better than i was thinking it would. I had been thinking I needed to factor a fair dollar amount into my build estimate for a good paint job immediately, but I might defer that given how good the gel coat looks in those photographs.

-HJ

Fran- Matching the car was a complete accident. I was wearing my red Carhart hoodie that day. I'm pretty far from being a diva! ;)

Shark- I like Guiness. And I'll put up a couple more pics in a bit.

Harold- The body just needs some light sanding where the sections were put together. Other than that, it's EASILY one of the best manufactured kit bodies on the market.

Alex- Should I insert an engine joke here??? ;) Your SLC is looking great!

Heres a couple more...

Again, all Ive done is simply put on a coat of wax. Thats it! After looking at Alex's, Im considering sanding the little edges (very small) and buffing her out.

SLRazorfirstdrive005.jpg

P1010049.jpg

P1010050.jpg

As you can see, Fran's cars are engineered so well, they can roll through Death Valley without ANY overheating issues. Tested and Proven, RCR is the way to go!

Last edited:
Is there anyone else out there that would be willing to share their colors? I'd like to see some more SLCs that have other gel coat colors. I've seen yellow, white, orange, and red.

I'll admit that I paused "Gearz" last night for a considerable amount of time and studied the red gel coat on Stacey's SLC.

I have problems... ;)

Back