Body Gel-Coat Colors

I'm going to bump this thread instead of starting a new one. Anyone else have pictures of their car in it's factory gel coat? I'm ordering one at the end of this year and having a hard time deciding what color to go with.

Thanks!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Check the link in my signature and you'll see medium blue ( I think thats what it was called ) on an RCR40..

Thanks for the quick replies! Medium blue does look good. I've been back and forth between white and grabber blue. I'd like it to stand out but fear after looking at it for 500+ hours I'd grow tired of it.

I also considered black, mainly so if/when I wrap it the door jams will look good.

I do plan on polishing out the gel coat once together and ride like that till I save enough to paint/wrap.

Well, good luck with that. That WAS my plan too...

I kinda have a feeling I may end up dipping it like you. I've gotten some experience dipping by doing the bike 3x, Raptor once and planning on doing the bike a 4th time to experiment with Hypershift pearls. For the price of dip, it's hard not to consider it. The only thing I'm a little concerned is getting it in crevices that may be hard to get it out of. I know I run into that with the bike.

What gel out color is your car? Have pictures of door jams, just to see how it looks?

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I kinda have a feeling I may end up dipping it like you. I've gotten some experience dipping by doing the bike 3x, Raptor once and planning on doing the bike a 4th time to experiment with Hypershift pearls. For the price of dip, it's hard not to consider it. The only thing I'm a little concerned is getting it in crevices that may be hard to get it out of. I know I run into that with the bike.

What gel out color is your car? Have pictures of door jams, just to see how it looks?

My gel coat is red. The door jams are a rather high wear area getting in and out of the car, and the doors do rub, so I painted my door jams with black bedliner.

My gel coat is red. The door jams are a rather high wear area getting in and out of the car, and the doors do rub, so I painted my door jams with black bedliner.

Makes perfect sense to me. I like the bedliner idea, least you have something grippy for sliding in/out of the car. I know I rolling in/out of my Trans Am isn't the best and this thing has to be lower so would be interesting. :)

I'm super happy with the gelcoat. Compared to the Porsche paint I had on my previous several cars, I'll take gelcoat all day long. 100% worry free and looks 90% as good. I was always repairing scratches, buffing, wasting time on the Porsche paint. Then again, I have 3 kids, 4 dogs and 16k miles...

Attachments

• Blacked out.jpg
    Blacked out.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 241
  • 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 245
Back