CAV at COYS UK

In the auction being held in Birmingham on the 12th by Coys Co UK there is a CAV listed with guide price £ 38 - 45K.

Does anyone know the history on this car

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Jeremy,

Given that it's an early car, #37 produced, has a mild SB Ford motor without Webers, a Getrag transmission rather than a ZF and no stated mileage, the high side of the guide price probably represents the actual cost of building the car in 2003.

At todays prices an equivalent car is nearly double the money so I'd say it's a roaring bargain. It also falls in line with other early CAV GTs that have changed hands recently. There is little to no depreciation. Plus the SVA is done.

The colour appears to be Titanium Silver, darker than the Polar Silver, great looking in either case. Get out your cheque book mate.

Cheers

This car is one of a pair that have been advertised for sale in Motorsport amongst other places for a while - I saw one recently being recommissioned at Dunsfold and it looked very nice indeed albeit with a central gearshift - one had zero miles the other a few hundred

Ian Clark

Supporter
Well from the sellers point of view, if the right crowd wasn't there, a no sale is better than taking a beating as in the SPF MK1 that just sold for 105k at Barret Jackson as I doubt you could build the same car today for that. Two years ago a CAV pulled 125,000 at BJ.

Cheers

105 bid for the Superformance at BJ equates to 115 paid with commission. Thats all the money for that car in the US, not a bargain.

Back