cav gt40 for sale on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I AM THE OWNER OF THE CAV GT 40 ON EBAY PRESENTLY FOR SALE THE "OTHER MAKES" SECTION.
I PLAN TO LOWER THE RESERVE IN ORDER TO SELL THE CAR.CAN ANYONE INDICATE WHAT THEY BELIEVE IS THE MAJIC $$ AMOUNT?
I NEED TO SELL IT THIS WEEK.I KNOW NOTHING OF THIS MARKET,I AM A FERRARI FAN,NOT TOO KNOWLEDGE'D ABOUT THESE CARS.

Ron Earp

Admin
I think this car is a space frame model which is eariler than the current production mono cars. So, the comparison you have on the auction for the car doesn't relate since the prices you have are for a mono frame. Futhermore, you've got UK prices, which are higher than US prices. I like space frames, some do not thinking they are getting something more original.

In any case, there have been a few space frames like this one go for $71-75k with a much better performing engine combiations in the form of indivdual runner fuel injection system. Wayne Presely's car is like a I described and he was offering it for $72k.

So, I would say in the neighborhood of $60-68k given the engine is quite unknown and appears to be a stock block 302 with a carb on top.

R

Since you are the owner, could you answer some questions?

Is the title a New York Title and Canadian (listing is Canada, car in NY?).

If someone wins the auction, can they pick it up and pay at the same time?

the car has a vt title.it is located in n.y.i am in canada.no problem with the pay at pickup scenario but after the auction end,within 24 hrs,2000$ deposit must be wired/fed ex.the balance at pickup.i will fly down to meet the buyer if that is the way the deal gets done.just so i know i am not wasting time,the deposit is mandatory,it will separate the boys from the men!

by the way,the reserve is off.the item will sell.it is at 46000$ now but with 4000 people having seen the ad and over 100 emails from ebay users,i am sure it will go way over 50000$.(hopefully.) i am willing to gamble it,reserve is off!

Steve,

Buddy, you got BALLS! Seriously, I like your style. You actually were quite good at stirring up intrest in this car via this forum. I noticed MCC in White Plains had the car for a while, but they seem more interested in dealing with real ones! I must say, you have handled this well. One other point about disclosing 'reserves' on e-Bay, is that with a serious buyer who is told what the reserve is can bid it, and it will trigger (hit or make) the reserve at that price. If you just bid close, or even bid over it, then it will not trigger. When I really want something, that's what I do.

I wish you all the best on this one. I'd like to see you do this again with additional GT40 replica's. We all win! Happy Holidays!

[ QUOTE ]
I AM THE OWNER OF THE CAV GT 40...

[/ QUOTE ]

What size person would be TOO LARGE for the car???

what size? i am 5.11 and fit in there great with the present setup.you need to ask other parties to make sure but i believe they ajust to your body size through the pedal box.......this is what i was told..

you said what is too large!!! well,the car is super spacious inside,not like a 308 ferrari or a countach! there is plenty of room in there for a sports car..

my friend "t hughes",i bought it from mcc and traded him with the present 348 challenge race car on his website.i never picked up my car since i am in canada but had decided to sell it from there.
when i get a special car,i always go to the forums to advertise it as the "real" buyers are there.the avg. ebay user would not even know what a cav is all about.therefore not paying the real value but,i usually never do "no reserve" deals on ebay but this time,i am so fed up of answering the "what is your reserve price" question that i removed the reserve....my original reserve was 58000$ or 59000$.i still believe is will do somewhere near there.it has to...a new one is 55000 uk pounds + transport,duty,brokers,bonds,engine,transmission,final touches....that put you to over 100 000 usd for the car + mechanicals and labor etc..... the car is 400 miles,yes it is a 2000 built car but man, 400 miles.you mean to tell me 60000$ is not the deal of the century? yes it is .i can say that even though i am not the expert of cav's.the last one on ebay did 62000$,reserve and buy it now at 79000$.it was tom popadopoulos's car. why shall this one not be valued like his car? hopefully the same bidders will be back to bid the same amount since the last car was still 15000$+ further.....
i guess,lets wait and see....make a little prayer for me...

Ron Earp

Admin
Steve, you mention UK prices but keep in mind, CAV sells cars right now in the US. The price is $60,000 for a completed roller, painted etc. here in the US - no delivery or shipping as you quote. I'm sure you've been to their site:
http://www.gt40cars.com/
In fact, the new CAV car is a monocoque which is more expensive in general than space frames. So, the a CAV, with motor and trans, will be around $70,000 USD, brand new. Way short of over $100000 USD.

Ron

Ron, absolutely. He's not comparing apples with apples, but with oranges. Also, with further regard to the seller's continuing comparisons with regard to value, do you know whether the two cars Popadopoulos has on the market are space frame cars, like the seller's? I thought they were monocoque cars, but don't know for certain.

TT

TOM T & RON EARP,HERE IS THE TRUE FACTS. IT IS WRONG TO SAT 60000$ HERE IN THE USA AND UNTRUE, NO A/C,NO LEATHER,MNO LARGE HIPS,NO NOTHING OPTIONS, THAT IS 10000$ OF OPTIONS IN A FLASH!!!HERE IS THE COPIED LIST FROM THE WEBPAGE OF USA CAV AGENT:
Current available factory options
Concealed factory fitted air-conditioner and heater_______________________________ $2500
Full leather interior including door and roof lining ________________________________$1500
Wide rear fenders (Gulf) ___________________________________________________$2000
Wide rear fenders (Gulf) with periscope snorkels________________________________$3000
Oval rear deck vents (Racing Gulf type) ________________________________________ $400
17 inch wheel / tire upgrade from ____________________________________________$1500
Twin / single nostril ______________________________________________no charge option
‘Gurney’ Bubble__________________________________________________________ $800
FIA spec Roll cage bolt in and out ____________________________________________$3000
Center Striping depending on spec from _______________________________________$1500
Non-standard paint color ___________________________________________________$1500
Fully heim jointed race suspension Koni shocks _________________________________$3000
Gulf paint scheme stripes __________________________________________________ $2750
Rebuilt 016 Getrag transaxle________________________________________________ $2000

And which options, which you also plastered on your ebay ad, does your car actually have? Then we can go to Bob Lacey's/CAV's websites and get the exact price for a car outfitted just like yours, except with the new frame configuration.

Ron Earp

Admin
AC and leather and that is it from what I can tell. $4,000 worth. A 300-325hp crate motor like you have is around $3500. Transaxles run all over, but when these cars are completed CAV does not always supply the tranny. But let us assume they do, $2,000. That is $9,500 my friend, plus the $60,000 roller, which means one can duplicate the car for $70,000 - brand new, which is what I've been saying all along.

Glad you found the US price list though, it should help you out. One thing you are forgetting is your car is a space frame, current CAV production is not a space frame. To many CAV purchasers this is a huge difference and makes your car worth less (I like space frames frankly but I'm just indicating the general feelings on the forum/GT40 community).

I'd done with car pricing threads, I get too fired up.

Probably had one too many bad experiences with Speciality car shops (no offense Steve, just my own personal bad experiences in my area). I feel that many of them, from the few I've tried to deal with, take cars off folks that have plently of cash on their hands and aren't too worried about price, just getting into or out of the car they want/have. The shop then tries turn these cars around for quite a bit more than what a private party would sell them for.

Furthermore, there are so many of the speciality shops that many of the speciality cars in the area end up in their hands and it is hard to find a correctly priced car because of this. Just my experiences from trying to buy Ferraris, Porsches, and Lotus cars. Eventally I was able to find the cars I was looking for, through private parties - it took much longer but I ended up with well-documented cars from the real owner, at good prices, and didn't get the proverbial shaft.

Steve, this is nothing against you just writing my experiences with the business. I hope that you are not of that ilk and looking at your feedback on Ebay you are at least a stand up auctioneer that does as he says.

R

And, of course, the basic $70K cost is, wow, tens of thousands less than the figure quoted on the ebay ad. Gee, just a mistake, I guess.

Ron Earp

Admin
Lynn we might have to ban you from posting Ebay stuff, gets things started around here! Just kidding! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lynn is ok.this is what makes the forums interesting and not boring.....a little hustling,pushing,negociating,teaching,learning etc..... at the end of the day,who cares what it sells for. the good thing is that at this point,everyone knows there is a car there and many of us will look or bid at the ebay auction...after the sale,it will still go on..it was expensive,cheap,best deal ever,......it never ends!! then next week,another car shows up on ebay.we start all over again.. way to go lynn,thanks to you,no one on this forum will need wd-40 on their fingers,minds...keep them busy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back