CAV or RCR...which is the best????

Maybe you can give me a bit of advice.....I'm looking for a GT40 already completed and I was wondering which is the best, a CAV or an RCR. Since the RCR is a lighter car, it would seem from a standpoint of speed and performance the RCR is the best, right?....and it probably sells for a bit of a premium? Also it looked the like the dash and gauges may be set up better?

I know I have a lot to learn about these cars, thanks for your time and thoughts on the subject......

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
No one can tell you what is best for you. I suggest that you first do some reading on this site and then try to take a look at one of each make.

Light does not mean better unless your only interest is outright speed.

Ken

Be sure you have a clear idea of what you want the car to be, GT40's can be anything from a soft motorway cruiser to a hardcore racer that is happier on track but a nightmare in traffic.
My advice is to see and try all or as many of the makes that have been and still are on the market as you can, when built every car was someones dream of what it would be; keep an open mind and buy the one that meets the the criteria you want.

Steve

Ken, As Pat and SteveB stated there is plenty of info on this site regarding this topic and many a thread has been seen regarding comparisons. The best advice has already been given.....take an up close and personal look at each one and go from there. Speaking frankly, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the big guns, (CAV, SPF, RCR, ERA, TORNADO, ROARING FORTIES....the list goes on) These guys are in business because they build a quality product and those that bought have seen something in their design that suited their needs. Good luck and keep us posted.

Ken,
Since you are looking at buying second-hand, also look at the customer and parts support side of the house when making your decision. There can be a difference on how you're supported when you did not buy direct from the company.

Ken

Be sure you have a clear idea of what you want the car to be, GT40's can be anything from a soft motorway cruiser to a hardcore racer that is happier on track but a nightmare in traffic.
My advice is to see and try all or as many of the makes that have been and still are on the market as you can, when built every car was someones dream of what it would be; keep an open mind and buy the one that meets the the criteria you want.

Steve

Amen! Great summary Steve :thumbsup:

Back