China!

Hi Guys,
I was recently sent the enclosed and would be fascinated to hear what our cousins across the pond make of it. Probably been circulating over there for a while, so forgive me if it is old hat!

"I can’t confirm all of these statements are true. Please see enclosed photos!

Note that the person below is 1102 feet above the ground and is sweeping the dirt off this
twenty first century engineering marvel with a broom that was designed centuries ago and
has no safety line.
Blasting and coating this steel superstructure in a couple of decades will be an interesting
project.
Aizhai Bridge in Hunan province is 336 m (1,102 ft.) high and has a 1,176 m (3,858 ft.) span.
It connects two traffic tunnels in the mountains, cutting the time needed to traverse the
canyon from 30 minutes to 1 minute. Construction took five years.
Work finished at the end of last year, making it the world's longest and highest suspension
bridge.
A brave worker put the final touches on the Anzhaite Bridge . The bridge, which connects to
two tunnels, was built to ease traffic. Drivers can take in the views of the Dehang Canyon.
People and traffic during the Opening ceremony. Vehicles motor along a two-way, four-lane motorway.
Pedestrians walk along it on a special walkway under the road.

Chinese Supremacy

This article, though aimed at a US audience, gives a scary insight into China's growing economic
power.
A Little Known Reality.
June 8, 2013. Source: Michael Snyder, Guest Post
In future China will employ millions of American workers and dominate thousands of small
communities all over the United States. Chinese acquisition of U.S. Businesses set a new all-time record
last year, and it is on pace to shatter that record this year.

The Smithfield Foods acquisition is an example. Smithfield Foods is the largest pork producer and
processor in the world. It has facilities in 26 U.S. States and it employs tens of thousands of Americans.
It directly owns 460 farms and has contracts with approximately 2,100 others. But now a Chinese
company has bought it for $ 4.7 billion, and that means that the Chinese will now be the most
important employer in dozens of rural communities all over America.

Thanks in part to our massively bloated trade deficit with China, the Chinese have trillions of dollars to
spend.
They are only just starting to exercise their economic muscle.

It is important to keep in mind that there is often not much of a difference between “the Chinese
government” and “Chinese corporations”. In 2011, 43 percent of all profits in China were produced
by companies where the Chinese government had a controlling interest in.

Last year a Chinese company spent $2.6 billion to purchase AMC entertainment – one of the largest
movie theatre
chains in the United States. Now that Chinese company controls more movie ticket sales
than anyone else in the world.
But China is not just relying on acquisitions to expand its economic power. “Economic beachheads”
are being
established all over America. For example, Golden Dragon Precise Copper Tube Group, Inc.
recently broke ground on a $100 million plant in Thomasville, Alabama. Many of the residents of
Thomasville, Alabama will be glad to have jobs, but it will also become yet another community that will
now be heavily dependent on communist China.

And guess where else Chinese companies are putting down roots? Detroit. Chinese-owned companies
are investing in American businesses and new vehicle technology, selling everything from seat belts to
shock absorbers in retail stores, and hiring experienced engineers and designers in an effort to soak up
the talent and expertise of domestic automakers and their suppliers. If you recently purchased an
“American-made” vehicle, there is a really good chance that it has a number of Chinese parts in it.
Industry analysts are hard-pressed to put a number on the Chinese suppliers operating in the United
States.
China seems particularly interested in acquiring energy resources in the United States. For example,
China is actually mining for coal in the mountains of Tennessee. Guizhou Gouchuang Energy Holdings
Group spent 616 million dollars to acquire Triple H Coal Co. In Jacksboro, Tennessee. At the time,
that acquisition really didn’t make much news, but now a group of conservatives in Tennessee is trying
to stop the Chinese from blowing up their mountains and taking their coal.

And pretty soon China may want to build entire cities in the United States just like they have been
doing in other countries.
Right now China is actually building a city larger than Manhattan just outside Minsk, the capital of
Belarus.
Are you starting to get the picture? China is on the rise. If you doubt this, just read the following:
# When you total up all imports and exports, China is now the number one trading nation on the entire
planet.
# Overall, the U.S. has run a trade deficit with China over the past decade that comes to more than
2.3 trillion dollars.
# China has more foreign currency reserves than anyone else on the planet.
# China now has the largest new car market in the entire world.
# China now produces more than twice as many automobiles as the United States does. After being
bailed out by U.S. taxpayers, GM is involved in 11 joint ventures with Chinese companies.
# China is the number one gold producer in the world.
# The uniforms for the U.S. Olympic team were made in China.
# 85% of all artificial Christmas trees the world over are made in China.
# The new World Trade Center tower in New York is going to include glass imported from China.
# China now consumes more energy than the United States does.
# China is now in aggregate the leading manufacturer of goods in the entire world.
# China uses more cement than the rest of the world combined.
# China is now the number one producer of wind and solar power on the entire globe.
# China produces 3 times as much coal and 11 times as much steel as the United States does.
# China produces more than 90 percent of the global supply of rare earth elements.
# China is now the number one supplier of components that are critical to the operation of any national defence system.
# In published scientific research articles China is expected to become number one in the world very
shortly.

And what we have seen so far may just be the tip of the iceberg. For now, I will just leave you with one piece of advice -
learn to speak Chinese. You are going to need it !"

Attachments

• china.jpg
    china.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 290
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 244
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 250
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 217
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 240
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 221
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 223

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I got the same email as you..

Scary outlook for the USA if the trends continue. Like I've been saying for years. If we don't get ahold of our foreign trade policies and control of our own economies, we will find ourselves essentially in the place of servants to the Asian countries...

I hope you like lots of rice!

Keith

That's a sheep's outlook, BS, we need to get our heads out of our asses.

Yes that's right. We're poor little sheep who have lost our waaaaay.....

B-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a.....

Here they come!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF_0brp-Fgk[/ame]

Scary outlook for the whole western world,...
my biggest problem is to not can identify wich product is from china or real made in usa or eu,....only see the sign ---MADE IN --- is to less, sometimes we got parts real made in eu or usa, open the box, and find chinese words on product, and sometimes good quality and most times f.shit, and sometimes cheep, but mostime expensive with --real made in---sign on it,.....
this is why we loose, most of our companys cannot compete again and much shops sell with wrong idendifikationes,....
and no gouverment makes any again and this is the badest part of my story

ernst,....to old to learn chnese, only can eat chinese

So if we were to stop importing foreign goods that would be good for industry, reduce unemployment and reduce or eliminate the trade deficit. The only loser is the consumer who likes his $ , £ or euro to go further. China would as an economy go backwards ,it would stop being a giant both in industry an in its increasing military might. Who will be the one to tell the western consumer the party is over or shall we leave things as they are?

Bob

Keith

Well if they can't work it out for themselves then perhaps they deserve a bit of a surprise.

I like Al's optimism. It's a bit like a drowning man on a sinking ship bailing with a bucket. Inspiring but ultimately hopeless.

It's surely about co-existing not dominating, anymore?

1.4 billion people...

Armed Forces: 600 million (and the bit that gets me) Non Conscripted - all volunteers.

What's the strategy Al, once we've pulled our head from our asses?

I know it's a bit of a rhetorical question but it's a bit of a tall order.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Good question Keith, 1.4 billion people and the biggest polluters on the planet.
The reason china is taking over economically is because western consumers want to have their cake and eat it as well.
We want big screen tv and fully furnished house to live in and with all the modern gadgets.
And we buy on price.
We want high Salaries and we have unions to make sure we get paid so much the manufacturing company we work for cannot be competitive on the world market.
The solution? You tell me.

Good question Keith, 1.4 billion people and the biggest polluters on the planet.
The reason china is taking over economically is because western consumers want to have their cake and eat it as well.
We want big screen tv and fully furnished house to live in and with all the modern gadgets.
And we buy on price.
We want high Salaries and we have unions to make sure we get paid so much the manufacturing company we work for cannot be competitive on the world market.

One country taking a stand would make little to no difference , it would have to be a western world trade embargo against the east. Wonder if that would give them an excuse to fire up the 600 million strong army?

Bob

Actually, there seem to have been two quotes. The first one is attributed to Napoleon in 1803 (ie before he became emperor), he is said to have pointed to a map, on china and said (more or less, there are many versions of the quote)
"Ici repose un géant endormi, laissez le dormir, car quand il s'éveillera, il étonnera le monde" - "here lies a sleeping giant (lion in other versions), let him sleep, for when he wakes up, he will shock the world"

And then, there is a second, more famous one, which is supposed to have been said in St Helena (in which case, it might be in Las Cases Memorial of St Helena): "quand la chine s'éveillera, le monde tremblera" (when China wakes up, the world will shake).

After World War II, British leader Winston Churchill repeated the warning on China, “”Beware the sleeping dragon (China) for when she awakes the Earth will shake.”

Ask and 'ye shall receive...

Pete,

For Some Jobs, China Salaries Now On Par With U.S.

China incomes are on the rise, but the payscale at some professional jobs in China may surprise the average American. Based on 2011 salaries, some Chinese workers are earning as much as their American counterparts. As U.S. wages go down, China wages are going up.

I have been in a Union the majority of my working life, please can you point me to which union will make sure I get "paid so much" because for the last 30 years my various unions have had no power in the companies I have worked for, and no influence on any pay increase whatsoever, but I digress.

The solution is a little less greed all around, from company owners, directors, managers down.

Monday, 18 November 2013 9:04

Post-recession Britain: Exec pay jumps 14% while average wages increase by just 0.7

The thing that came as a shock to me and I find most frightening is the number of "ordinary" Chinese that want a war.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
What about the (God I hate this part) Global Economy?

So if....

There were a global policy on pollution control..

If we were to last long enough to have the economies of all industrialized countries to level out...

Nah... I don't think it would ever happen...

Frankly - I'd love to give isolationism a try like I've discussed on other threads. Put a rope around all of North America.. USA, Canada and Mexico. Trade with other countries tightly controlled dollar for dollar in trade. Mexico would be our new China (cheaper goods) and believe it or not, if they had jobs, we would save billions on border control here in the USA.

Of course we'd have trade agreements with other Western countries that were part of this "brotherhood"..

I like rice, but not enough to give up steak and potatos..

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Pete,

For Some Jobs, China Salaries Now On Par With U.S.

China incomes are on the rise, but the payscale at some professional jobs in China may surprise the average American. Based on 2011 salaries, some Chinese workers are earning as much as their American counterparts. As U.S. wages go down, China wages are going up.

I have been in a Union the majority of my working life, please can you point me to which union will make sure I get "paid so much" because for the last 30 years my various unions have had no power in the companies I have worked for, and no influence on any pay increase whatsoever, but I digress.

The solution is a little less greed all around, from company owners, directors, managers down.

Monday, 18 November 2013 9:04

Post-recession Britain: Exec pay jumps 14% while average wages increase by just 0.7

The thing that came as a shock to me and I find most frightening is the number of "ordinary" Chinese that want a war.
"The solution is a little less greed all around, from company owners, directors, managers down". Including workers?

Average Cost Of A Factory Worker In The U.S., China And Germany [INFOGRAPHIC]

Last edited:
Back