Complete turn key car

Fran, I just looked at the pictures that you posted from Carlisle last week I don't see Headlights or Door strikers I can't comment on the door hardware due to there is no door. Again I propose the original question when will a complete Superlite kit be available.

Look closer..at the black car

and to ask my question of you again...what have you purchased and built previously...?

Sales of the SL-C have far outstripped and exceeded my greatest expectation , as such we are building stocks of in house machined components along with the vendor supplied ones...
Anyone that visits is pleasantly surprised by our SL-C inventory.

Do you mean a complete kit for you??...

Last edited:
Fran, enough vollying here. I will do my surfing to look for Superlite kit owners and get there feedbacks and after that time, I will then make my decision either way.
Thank you in advance for your time

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Flyingbyyou/Speed Freak - You do understand that the SLC is a new, custom made car? I don't mean to be rude but this is not a car from GM (Corvette), Dodge (Viper) or any other US or European manufacturer. The SLC is a limited production (though at the rate they are selling it may become mass produced.....) car being made by a small group of craftsmen. I've visited Fran's shop a couple of times now (and I have a SLC on order) and I can attest to the fact that Fran has his sh*t together. The car has undergone continuous improvement even since the time I placed my order. I know my opinion means squat but I think the car is gorgeous, the fit and finish is first rate, and the car will stand up against virtually any production car on the market. RCR is making sure the SLC is "right". I have been in regular contact with Fran regarding the delivery of my car. The delivery has been delayed due to circumstances beyond Fran's and my control (a tornado destroyed our home) and Fran has been very accomodating. If you order a car, stick with the spec's you stipulate at the beginning, and stay in communication with Fran I don't think you will have any problems. Just don't expect the experience to be like picking a Corvette off your local Chevy dealer's lot.

By the way, I've seen a Ultima up close and it does not compare with the SLC....

Good luck with your search.

Dave L

My $.02:

Anyone who decides to build a kit car has, for some God forsaken reason, decided to: BUILD THEIR OWN CAR.

You made your choice, and essentially you are on your own. Additionally, after you surrender your money for the kit, you lose a lot of your power.

You bought a box of part and plans, and it is up to you to put it together - period.

That said, unless you are a master fabricator, or have a lot of free time and/or money, the quality of your build is highly dependent on:
1) An active manufacturer, and
2) An active building community.

From what I've seen in this forum, and from what I've heard from multiple conversations over the last 4 years (yes, I'm still a wannabe): if you want a supercar, RCR as a company and the RCR building community is second to none when it comes to actively supporting an individual building their own car.

thx.

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
i live 30minutes here in the UK from the Ultima factory. A few weeks ago i got a price for an Ultima and delivery (may/june09). Then i flew to Detroit to view an SL-C and a price and delivery of virtually the same spec car
#The SL-C is in a different league looks wise to the ultima and also on the visual engineering
#The SL-C TK package was quoted sooner than the Ultima
#The price is favourable against the Ultima
#Fran is more personable and flexible

Indeed as he has stated above a few items are changing development wise and when i was there 4 weeks ago a "showroom" finished car wasnt on offer.
However i had a test ride and the car is 95% finished and the few items remaining do take time and effort to get right as its the visiual integrity of locks, lights, trim etc that can make or break a car.

If you decide to think laterally and get your name down for an SL-C i am sure the finished product that you recieve will put you in a different "happysphere" to any other choices out there.
If you want a finished car 2morrow then 2nd hand will have to be your route to rare exotic supercar choices, i would have thought.

RCR Superlite Coupe chassis 023

speed freak - I don't understand your grilling RCR for questions and avoiding answering his one question. I would also like to know if you have ever bought an kit car?

I understand your caution in a purchase, I was once there my self. I purchased a Factory Five Roadster back in 2001 and was very worried about dropping the more than 20k on my replica. Not as much as your thinking about spending for sure, but I can tell you from my experience that buying a kit doesn't necessarily mean you will get everything at once. I waited nearly a year for everything to come in from FFR and it all did. Fran Hall has a reputation here and I'm sure he doesn't plan to blow it. I have my own plans to buy from him soon and have no concerns at all that he won't deliver. Please take the time to talk to him personally and you will find he is easy to talk to and will listen to your needs.

Good luck with your choice

SpeedFreak:

If you're still around, take a look at the "FRAN" thread. You'll see exactly what I'm talking about, to wit: a builder had some question about a starter motor, and his question was answered by: other builders, an employee at RCR, and ultimately Fran.

If you decide to build a kit car, you will often find yourself in a similar situation, and:

[snip]

...unless you are a master fabricator, or have a lot of free time and/or money, the quality of your build is highly dependent on:
1) An active manufacturer, and
2) An active building community.

From what I've seen in this forum, and from what I've heard from multiple conversations over the last 4 years (yes, I'm still a wannabe): if you want a supercar, RCR as a company and the RCR building community is second to none when it comes to actively supporting an individual building their own car.

thx.

Speed Freak.....

Its obvious you are not a potential purchaser of anything, you're just another wanna be trying to sound important.

Why would anyone in their right mind publicly abuse a supplier before making a purchase. This is apparently a potential supplier of your dream ride and you start your relationship by publicly bashing him on a forum.

If I were Fran, I'd be recommending you to another brand....you sound like a real pain in the ass.

Ron Earp

Admin
Fellows, I think SpeedFreak was simply here to troll around and stir things up. He hasn't logged on since 9/1/08 according to his public profile.

Ron

I had nothing to do with this folks so "Stop" emailing me!!!! with bullshit comments...Fran and I relationship is simply professional. Speed Freak...I have been waiting for 2.5 years for a car that I was promised in six months by another builder. SO SHUT UP! moroon

John,

sorry if you have been getting some hate mail....

You are not a bad bloke really....well not all the time,anyway.....:thumbsup:

I hope you get the car from him soon...

Back