Darrin's MMR BOSS based GT40

Hey Darrin

That looks good. Much more satisfying building your own stuff.

Have you got any other projects lined up before your crate of goodness arrives?!

I am thinking about making my work bench out of some of the lumber from the crate. Going to have a hard time getting it into good hands anyway so tgis would save some of it from the junk pile. All the wood used was new treated lumber and it would be a shame to waste it.

Other than that I was thinking about some build stands. I have a couple sets of jack stands that could be part of that project.

Finally, it made it in! Delays all along the route and today I found out that there was some damage done by the shipper (crushed Gurney bubble, chassis scratches, some bent suspension components, and minor rear clip damage) but it's here at least.

VERY pleased with the chassis. Welds look great and the powder coating is excellent. The fiberglass is pretty thick and although there will need to be finishing for sure, at least everything seems to fit from what I can tell on a loose fit trial basis.

I am missing a couple items but a little harassment and I'm sure that will work itself out! LOL

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures. The garage sure looks small now.

Attachments

• CAM00510.jpg
    CAM00510.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 962
  • CAM00512.jpg
    CAM00512.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 938

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations on finally takng delivery!!!

:thumbsup:

Congrats Darrin, but I think that Missan will be going on the drive once the build starts.... ;)

LOL! I know what you mean. There is just enough room in my garage for them both right now. Love my 370 too. It's a fun little car although it kind of looks like a monster beside the GT40! ha ha

Not much of an update. Just trial fitted the front suspension to make sure all was well while waiting on some laser cut panels to get finished. Looks good to me.

Attachments

• FrontSuspension.jpg
    FrontSuspension.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 1,214
Hi Darrin

Just a note, if that camber adjuster in the top wishbone is aluminium I would suggest you please get it changed to a steel version. It looks to be the gold anodized Rally Design supplied part. On the locostbuilders website their are several stories of these breaking on a 7 type, let alone a GT40.

Regards

Fred W B

Camber adjusters - there's a guy selling steel camber adjusters on ebay in the UK. Sized to fit the Ford drag link thread, M18x1.5. He also does a version with matching sleeves for if you're fabricating your own wishbones.

Camber adjusters - there's a guy selling steel camber adjusters on ebay in the UK. Sized to fit the Ford drag link thread, M18x1.5. He also does a version with matching sleeves for if you're fabricating your own wishbones.

I tried to look it up on eBay but couldn't find anything.

It is and I was wondering about just that. Will see if I can find a replacement.

Hi Darrin

There was a link in my post to the part on ebay, but I'd obviously done it too subtly! You've found it though, so that's the main thing.

I understand these should be a direct replacement, but yep, it would be good to get it confirmed first if poss.

Back